BRU-Egypt flights

A forum to discuss all aviation items (not for latest aviation news and military aviation news)

Moderator: Latest news team

airmemphis

BRU-Egypt flights

Post by airmemphis »

I've been looking at BRU's website for the past week and was surprised at the number of BRU-Egypt flights departing in the early morning (5-8am) on an almost daily basis.

Can anyone provide me with anymore information such as number of flights, number of pax, etc. I know MS operate 2x weekly flights and TUB 3x weekly flights (both scheduled services).

Any info appreciated.

xq1988bru

Post by xq1988bru »

Hello airmemphis,

Tui Airlines Belgium/Jetairfly and Thomas Cook offer indeed excellent connections to and from Egypt.

During the summer Months, Tui Airlines Belgium flies to Luxor and Cairo on Thursdays and Sundays, to Hurghada on Tuesdays, Thursdays, Fridays and Sundays. Marsa Alam is served on Wednesdays while Sharm El Sheikh is served on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Sundays. The company also links Brussels and Marsa Matruh on Sundays. The Boeing 737-800 (pax=189) is frequently used to serve all TUB-destinations in Egypt, but occasionally the Boeing 767-300ER (pax=261) or even the Boeing 737-400 (pax=146) are used as well. As Tui Airlines Belgium/Jetairfly doesn't have sufficient equipment to serve all its destinations, Futura and Jet4you Boeings are occasionally leased or subleased to the Belgian carrier.

Thomas Cook links Brussels, Sharm El Sheikh and Luxor on Thursdays and Sundays, while Hurghada is served on Tuesdays,Thursdays and Sundays. Taba and Borg El Arab are both served on Thursdays. The company's Airbus A320 (pax=189) is mostly used to fly to Egypt, but during the peak periods in summer Spanish carrier Iberworld leases at least one Airbus A320 or even an Airbus A330 to FQ.

Egyptian carrier Lotus Air links Brussels to Hurgada on Sundays with the company's Airbus A319 or Airbus A320. Belgian carrier TNT links Brussels to serveral Egyptian cities using its Boeing 737-300. The carrier occasionally leases a Hola Airlines Boeing 737-300 or even an Axis Boeing 757. Egyptiar has no non-stop flights to Hurghada, Sharm El Sheikh, Marsa Alam, Taba, Marsa Matruh or Borg El Arab. It does link Brussels and Cairo on Tuesdays and Fridays. Luxor is served once a week, on Sunday. The company often uses its new Airbus A330, but the Airbus A321 (pax=185), the Airbus A320 (pax=144), the Boeing 777 (pax=319) or even the Boeing 747-300 (pax=450!) are used to serve Brussels. Amc Airlines can be seen on Sundays, performing a flight to Egypt using its brand new Boeing 737-800 (pax=189).

A timetable edited by BIAC is extremely useful if you would like to know more about the flight numbers. You can order one without any charge at http://www.brusselsairport.be/brochures/.

P.S. I would like to apologize for eventual mistakes in my message.

Hoping that this information is useful for you,
Christophe B.

Robin_Bamps

Post by Robin_Bamps »

Egypt Air has no B743's in service anymore.

The last visit to BRU must have been in 2003.

Regards, Robin Bamps.

flywim

Post by flywim »

Thomas Cook doesn't serve Borg El Arab anymore, but flies instead 1/week to Cairo. All their flights are operated with A320 (180 seats).

TNT flies also several times a week to Hurghada and Luxor, all flights
are operated with their own equipment (B733). They don't use
Hola Airlines anymore as they added 2 planes to their fleet and
now have enough capacity.

greetings