Incident with Cessna 185 OO-PCS in 1991.

A forum to discuss all aviation items (not for latest aviation news and military aviation news)

Moderator: Latest news team

mennie

Incident with Cessna 185 OO-PCS in 1991.

Post by mennie »

Hello,
I'd like to have some information about a Cessna 185 that had an accident at Schaffen-Diest in 1991. It was registered as OO-PCS (and maybe also as N7424N) but I can not find it in the aircraft registrations. What happened with the aircraft?
Also I would like to know how to contact the authorities that take care of the OO register.
Thank you.

Menno

pilatus

Post by pilatus »

Wel as local Pilot of Schaffen-Diest and also Pilot of the former Skydive Club that was the owner of this plane I can tell you that the take of went wrong. The pilot flying was just released on the aircraft with the instructor on his left side. The instructor had no possibility to steer as his seat was reversed to act as a place for a skydiver. During the take of roll the plane came unstable and instead of pulling the yoke backwards, he closed the trottle. If you flew already on a tail dragger you will know that this is resulting in a very unstable situation. The plane flipped over his I thought right wing. The instructor was lying under the fuselage with his legs but nothing serious as luckily the plane didn't catch fire. The rest of the jumpers and the pilot also had no injuries. I know that a few months after the crash I helped the loading the scrapped aircraft on a truck and then nothing heard. The plane was new and had only flew for 1 year.

Regards,

DiverDriver.