How much do you like Ryanair?

A forum to discuss all aviation items (not for latest aviation news and military aviation news)

Moderator: Latest news team

Buzz

How much do you like Ryanair?

Post by Buzz »

Because of the recent news about Ryanair maybe leaving Charleroi, and the fact that there are a lot of people being negative about Ryanair, I thought it would be a good idea just how much people like Ryanair...

I voted Expand!

Andries

Post by Andries »

If Ryanair is getting illegal discounts and other advantages compared to other airlines, I think Ryanair should dissappear. Because then they are truelly unfair competition for the airlines who play the game straight.
IF however Ryanair doesn't get these discounts and still make profit, they can stay as far as I'm concerned. They are expanding, that's certain, they have an order for 125 737-800's ...
I like the airline because they bring a lot of passengers to Ostend and this is good for Brugges and Ostend. If they come to Ostend without any discounts, then I like them !

So I say : Expand !

Greetz,

:twisted: EBOS :twisted:
Don't dream your life, live your dream !!!

Avro

Post by Avro »

I totally agree with EBOS.

But I voted: stay the way they are because I don't want to see them grow to much.

The only positive thing about Ryanair, is that they still fly the B737-200 (which I like very much).

Ciao
Chris
8)

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

EBOS talks only about EBOS :!: Ryanair is mainly present in EBCI, its first continental base. It got advantages there, for sure, but any competitor can claim the same advantages. Ryanair has brought a lot of jobs and visitors to EBCI. But I wouldn't like to see it taking over the whole Belgian market.

Thus I voted 'stay as it is'.
André
ex Sabena #26567

Comet

Post by Comet »

I voted for disappear (I am being disagreeable today!!)

Being purely objective here, Ryanair have more complaints made about their poor customer service attitude than any other low cost carrier. When they took over Go, the staff there didn't know whether or not they would have a job left to go to, from what I heard from a pilot on another forum, they were treated like sh*t.

Ryanair have single handedly hijacked STN as a base, many proper carriers have left the airport due to its new image (what about the job losses among their staff?)

I would like to see proper carriers surviving in Europe, I want to fly with quality like VLM rather than cheap tat. I like to check in and know exactly where I shall be sitting on the aircraft (and who with!!) rather than turn up to a boarding free for all and end up with a rubbish seat next to some weirdo no one else wants to sit near.
Sabena and Sobelair - gone but never forgotten.
Louise

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Comet wrote:I voted for disappear.
What a surprise! ;-)
André
ex Sabena #26567

Buzz

Post by Buzz »

Comet wrote:I voted for disappear (I am being disagreeable today!!)

Being purely objective here, Ryanair have more complaints made about their poor customer service attitude than any other low cost carrier.
don't know where you got these figures, but here are the figures from Ryanair.com , and they wouldn't make them up, now would they?
(but they will surely make them seem better than they are)

you can see them in columns at Ryanair.com =>customer service

Ryanair No. 1 for punctuality
% On Time*

Ryanair
92.5%

SAS
92.2%

Lufthansa
86.5%

British Airways
79.3%

Air France
72.4%

easyJet
71.7%

Alitalia
67.3%

Aer Lingus
Not published

* Flights arriving within 15 minutes of scheduled time of arrival
Ryanair monthly statistics compared to Association of European Airlines - June 2003

Ryanair No. 1 for fewest lost bags

Ryanair

SAS

Austrian

Lufthansa

Air France

British Airways

Alitalia

easyJet
Not published

Aer Lingus
Not published

Bags missing per 1000 passengers
Ryanair monthly statistics compared to Association of European Airlines -
June 2003

Ryanair No. 1 for fewest cancellations

Ryanair
99.24%

Lufthansa
99.24%

SAS
98.65%

British Airways
98.57%

Austrian
98.55%

Alitalia
98.15%

Air France
97.77%

easyJet
Not published

Aer Lingus
Not published

Ryanair monthly statistics compared to Association of European Airlines -
June 2003

Ryanair No. 1 for fewest complaints

Jan

Feb

Mar

Apr

May

June

July

Aug

Complaints per 1000 passengers flown.

Comet wrote: When they took over Go, the staff there didn't know whether or not they would have a job left to go to, from what I heard from a pilot on another forum, they were treated like sh*t.
You are the steriotype Ryanair-hater: always bringing on the problems, never the good things. And you don't know anything about it.... :arrow:
Easyjet :!: took over GO, not Ryanair. And the figures above prove that they're not that bad as everyone keeps telling...
Ryanair took over Buzz, but if they didn't do it, KLM would have shut it down, cause it was losing 5 million a day... at least they saved 130 jobs...

and sorry about the "he", I'll remember it now :wink:

You hate them, I like them, so indeed we must agree to disagree (I allso like the way you said that :wink: ) but before you go around making Ryanair look bad, get your facts strait!

now that's said, I ' m going to plan my daytrip to STN just for fun for 30 euros... :mexwave:

greetz
Jan

ps: I think you are talking about EasyJet, they do have numbers that are a lot worse than Ryanair's...

Comet

Post by Comet »

I don't just dislike Ryanair, I don't like low cost full stop.
The point I made about complaints about Ryanair had been based on a report I saw on the English news, so I wasn't making it up!

Ok, it was Buzz that Ryanair got, but I still remember hearing (from a pilot) that the staff were badly treated and misinformed by Ryanair. Several routes were just axed, so I don't know where that left people who had booked tickets.

"Agree to disagree" is a well-used English phrase, I'm surprised it has attracted such comments on here!!

I also save up hard for my two holidays a year with proper carriers - this year Aer Lingus in June and VLM on Monday, my trips are planned literally a year in advance in order to get seats on VLM (not always easy, believe me).
Louise

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

LoBoTiC wrote:Ryanair No. 1 for fewest complaints
Jan LoBoTiC (where does this strange nickname come from?), the figures look indeed low, but have you ever tried to complain to Ryanair? They make it almost impossible. To sell tickets they know every language of every country they fly to and you can buy tickets everywhere; but to receive complaints they impose the use of the English language and the complaint has to go to their head office exclusively. Given the average IQ of the Ryanair traveller, I doubt that many of them would complain at all, even in cases severe disruptions.
André
ex Sabena #26567

Sabena_690

Post by Sabena_690 »

Lobotic: this comparision doesn't count.

Lost bags:
x Ryanair has no connecting passangers, and no long haul flights (who have a lot more luggage).

Delays:
x Ryanair flies from secondary deserted airports, with no traffic at all, so no delays

Cancellations:
x have you ever experienced a cancellation on Ryanair, and a cancellation on a full service airline? Ryanair says: 'come back for the next flight, if you are lucky there are some free seats'. A full service airline rebooks you before you know it.

Complaints:
x Ryanair has a handful people working in Customer Service, BA for example has, compared with the nr of passengers, 10 times more people who care for the passengers.

THAT is what I call a comparision.

Regards
Frederic
Brussels Airlines - Flying Your Way

Zorba

Post by Zorba »

I realy don't like Ryanair... Maybe we can fly cheap. But I don't like the airline. I like the 'normal' airlines, like Sn Ba, ...

Don't ask me why I don't like Ryanair ... Just my thaught ...

Regards,

Rutger :waving:
Tot hier en verder

Buzz

Post by Buzz »

sn26567 wrote: Given the average IQ of the Ryanair traveller, I doubt that many of them would complain at all

I know Ryanair isn't all that good, (especially on the refund-part of their way of doing bussines) and that it was a small part luck to fly with them five times and allways be on time with my baggs, but it is a fact that mostly they fly on time, with your baggs...
I allso know that in case something happens, you can be *****, but that is a small risk you take when you book a flight at prices that are that low...
I'm willing to take that risk, if I can fly for 25 euro's to Venice...
Maybe I'll talk different if I actually get *****, or get a lot of money, but untill than I'm happy to fly with them anytime !

Greetz
Jan

ps: I don't know were LoBoTiC came from, it has been my Internetname since...

Sabena_690

Post by Sabena_690 »

André: why should somebody travelling Ryanair have a low IQ? Please refrain from making offensive posts.

A lot of people are attracted to the price of Ryanair. I know several of them who changed their mind now that a) several of them had trouble with LC and b) full service carriers drastically lowered their fares
Brussels Airlines - Flying Your Way

Comet

Post by Comet »

Well said Andre, Frederic and Rutger, I agree with all three of you!!
Louise

Avro

Post by Avro »

It would be much easier to make comparisons if Ryanair would be a member of the Association of European Airlines (AEA). But this won't happen :!:

Greetz
Chris
8)

A318

Post by A318 »

Expand, but I imagine you already expected that from me.
I mean see it from the other way, people fly cheap but spend their money on their destinations (tourism) on the airport, some food a drink etc so it's good for the economy. Then they need handling agents, maintenance, they order 737's like they order some birthday cakes and in total it is a enormous boost for the economy. Last but not least is the tickets price in the total aviation industry, face it, some airlines charge(d) prices for tickets which are really really expensive and due to the low cost carriers they have to lower their prices. This means that the customer (we also) payed for years to much for their ticket. From me they can expand, I can only have respect for a business that is coming from no where and turns itselve into one of the biggest players on the market. If somebody calls a customer that chooses for a low price a person with a low IQ, I wonder who has a lower IQ when you pay 3 double the price from the low cost carrier.
Last but not least............nice livery isn't it :mrgreen:
A Whole Different Animal

sn26567

Virgin Express replies to Ryanair

Post by sn26567 »

LoBoTiC wrote:Ryanair No. 1 for punctuality
% On Time*

Ryanair
92.5%

SAS
92.2%

Lufthansa
86.5%

British Airways
79.3%

Air France
72.4%

easyJet
71.7%

Alitalia
67.3%
Ryanair does everything to get in the public eye. Their motto could be One news release everyday.

This one did not make Virgin Express particularly happy. VEX also is not part of AEA and its punctuality records are not published. So, this week, they issued a news release in reply to Ryanair, saying: "Virgin Express is sad to inform Ryanair that the Irish airline is NOT the most punctual of Europe".

Well done, VEX!
André
ex Sabena #26567

Buzz

Post by Buzz »

Sabena_690 wrote:Lobotic: this comparision doesn't count.

Lost bags:
x Ryanair has no connecting passangers, and no long haul flights (who have a lot more luggage).

Delays:
x Ryanair flies from secondary deserted airports, with no traffic at all, so no delays

Cancellations:
x have you ever experienced a cancellation on Ryanair, and a cancellation on a full service airline? Ryanair says: 'come back for the next flight, if you are lucky there are some free seats'. A full service airline rebooks you before you know it.

Complaints:
x Ryanair has a handful people working in Customer Service, BA for example has, compared with the nr of passengers, 10 times more people who care for the passengers.

THAT is what I call a comparision.

Regards
Frederic
I know it doesn't count as a comparisation, I just wanted to point out that the rumours (they're always late, they lose your bags, if there aren't enough passengers they won't fly,...) aren't true.
You can't compare it just like that, but IF you fly Ryanair, there's a good chance you get there on time, with you bags...

Greetz
Jan