Where to find a C172 or C210 for rent / blocktime in Flanders ?

This is the place to hang out when you have finished your aviation related discussions, please remain always friendly and respectful against each other! Offensive and/or racist remarks are not allowed.
J.R.

Where to find a C172 or C210 for rent / blocktime in Flanders ?

Post by J.R. »

Hi,

I'll be moving to Belgium next year, and I am wondering where I'd find luck into finding some blocktime on a private Cessna 172 or higher (210 would be great).

I have both EASA and Transport Canada licenses.

Thanks for the hints !

J.R.

Re: Where to find a C172 or C210 for rent / blocktime in Flanders ?

Post by J.R. »

Any co-ownership options are of interest as well.

DeltaWiskey

Post by DeltaWiskey »

Is there a specific reason why it needs to be a private one? From my experience most private owners are rather hesitant to rent out their belongings to an unknown person.

In Flanders, there are clubs with a C172 in Girmbergen (North of Brussels), Zoersel (East of Antwerp), Brasschaat (North of Antwerp), Zwartberg (near Hasselt), Kiewit (also near Hasselt), Tienen (near Leuven) and Oostende. Some have a full glass cockpit. Reminds me that there is also a C172 at EPC in Antwerp (more aimed at a professional pilot training).

J.R.

Post by J.R. »

Thanks for your message.

That's what I'm used to in Canada. It's so much more simple here... Too bad Europe is so behind when it comes to GA!

Shool rents are a pain. First, they are usually expensive, and second, most important, they are not flexible.
A private craft would allow me say to book it for three days to go somewhere for the weekend, even if I fly only a couple of hours.

If you rent your aircraft to a person of trust who will care for it, there's really no issue. It's not like a car, you can't do much wrong to it other than landing really bad or crashing it.
Also, I mentioned I am equally interested in co-ownership.

Also, a C210 or a Cardinal would be ideal, rather than a 172.