famous people aboard your flight ?

This is the place to hang out when you have finished your aviation related discussions, please remain always friendly and respectful against each other! Offensive and/or racist remarks are not allowed.
YYZ727

famous people aboard your flight ?

Post by YYZ727 »

This summer, on two seperate occasions famous people boarded the same flight i was on.
On july 16th, when my family and me went on a trip to Sicily (AZ, BRU to PMO via FCO) we were waiting to board our flight (an A-321) when there was some turmoil around our gate area. A group of african-americans of very impressive girth approached the gate. I didn't have the faintest idea who they were, but my two teenage daughters went berserk when they identified '50 cents' as one of them.... Lots of people made pictures with their cellphone cameras.... They boarded just in front of us and took their c-class seats. After arriving at FCO they left the plane, which was (as almost always at FCO) at a remote parking spot, as the first ones and whizzed of in a waiting courtesy van...
(By the way, Regi, all the AZ flights were on time, cabin service was good (at least for todays standards) and our luggage arrived at the same time as we did (despite a very tight connection at FCO....))

Then, on august 13th when waiting at the gate for a morning departure to NCE (SN, 737), i saw Gert Steegmans (a famous Belgian cyclist) walking up to our gate. He picked a quiet spot in the boarding area, boarded as one of the last ones and seemingly wasn't recognized by many people.
Although i have been on many flights since the early eighties, i never had seen 'famous' people or VIP's on one of the flights i was on.
Have you ever seen VIP's or BV's on one of your flights ? If so, tell us all about it...

sn26567

Re: famous people aboard your flight ?

Post by sn26567 »

I was once in a Sabena flight from Milan to Brussels with Prince Albert (our current King) coming back from an economic mission.

Also on a Sabena flight from Warsaw to Brussels with Minister of Economy Knoops. On another flight from Warsaw (on Brussels Airlines) with the current president of the European Parliament Jerzy Buzek and former Polish Minister of Foreign Affairs Dariusz Rosati.

On Brussels Airlines from Manchester to Brussels with famous Italian football referee Collina (not sure how hiw name is spelled).
all the AZ flights were on time, cabin service was good (at least for todays standards) and our luggage arrived at the same time as we did (despite a very tight connection at FCO....)
I had the same experience! The new Alitalia has improved!
André
ex Sabena #26567

cathay belgium

Post by cathay belgium »

Hi,

Guy van Hengel politician on board our JAF 767 to Zanzibar..
Not on board but at airport : flemish artists K'Choice,H.Lotti at Brussels and Stijn Meuris at Cape Town.

That's all for now..

Better fly a bit more I guess :lol:

CX-B
New types flown 2022.. A339

jan_olieslagers

Post by jan_olieslagers »

With only two seats, my poor plane has little hope of ever carrying anyone more famous than myself...

Tomskii

Post by Tomskii »

It wasn't in the plane, but during my working period this summer at BRU. I had the female singer of Hooverphonic (the belgians will recognize the music group probably).

regi

Post by regi »

YYZ727 wrote: (By the way, Regi, all the AZ flights were on time, cabin service was good (at least for todays standards) and our luggage arrived at the same time as we did (despite a very tight connection at FCO....))
Accepted. Just read this today ;)
PS: no food poisoning? :twisted: