Where Are You Going on Holiday?

This is the place to hang out when you have finished your aviation related discussions, please remain always friendly and respectful against each other! Offensive and/or racist remarks are not allowed.
sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Buzz wrote:I'm hoping Scotland or Ireland.
Looks like Ryanair will soon have another customer :wink:
André
ex Sabena #26567

LJ

Post by LJ »

This year I remain close to home (just bought a house and thus don't have too much cash left fore travelling). So far I've planned a spotting trip to London and Palma (June 23rd - June 30th), a weekend Hamburg/Hannover. Finally mid September I intend to tour West-Turkey (three week tour starting in Ankara and via the the coastline to Istanbul). However If the tour is cancelled I probably go somewhere else as long as it's less than 6 hours flying.

ATC

Post by ATC »

Because I'm building a house... I've got to cut in my holiday-budget.
So probably it will be a less expensive holiday this year.

But if the SNBA/AA New-York price is good I'll probably go for the 3rd time to NYC. (But I'm afraid it will not be that cheap (?), so I'll be forced to rebook my NY trip to 2005.)

Maybe a little european city trip... or one week sun-holiday ?

greetings,
ATC

Jense

Post by Jense »

I just checked the price for you, ATC;

BRU-JFK-BRU
Depart 20 November
Return 30 November

Fare Tax EUR
328.00 + 61.22 x 1 Adult = 389.22
Total fare = 389.22

Maybe... :?: :D :wink:

greettzzz

vliegtuigfreak

Post by vliegtuigfreak »

ATC, i hope to see you on the SN/AA flight!! I'm going to NY on the 12th of Juli!

Greetingzz
Sonny :wink:

sab319
Location: Mortsel, antwerp, Flanders, Belgium, Europe, Earth, Milky way

Post by sab319 »

Why is NY that interesting? Because of the big hole in the ground?

By the way does a school-trip to the champagne region for 5 days count as a holiday?

vliegtuigfreak

Post by vliegtuigfreak »

sab319, we have friends there 8) We visit them once a year!

Greetingzz

sab319

Post by sab319 »

vliegtuigfreak wrote:sab319, we have friends there 8) We visit them once a year!

Greetingzz
Personaly i don't think it's fun to go to same holiday destination every year, the first time may be great but than it only becomes more and more of a routine!

Flying_Dutchman

Post by Flying_Dutchman »

sab319 wrote:
vliegtuigfreak wrote:sab319, we have friends there 8) We visit them once a year!

Greetingzz
Personaly i don't think it's fun to go to same holiday destination every year, the first time may be great but than it only becomes more and more of a routine!
Well, I went 4 times to Indonesia, of wich 3 years consecutively. It wasn't boring nor it liked a routine because Indonesia is so big, every time I've visited my family and I went every time to another place. But it depends, I think, on where you go. If you visit every year the same place, it may be boring, right? But (e.g.) NYC is so big there is a lot to do, except if you've done everything there. ;)

sab319

Post by sab319 »

But if you go to Benidorm every year I think it must be quit boring. (NOTE: I've never beeen there, too touristic)

Comet

Post by Comet »

I have been to Iceland six times, LA three times, I have been going to Belgium every year since 2000 (including twice this year) and I am certainly not bored with going to Belgium.

If anything I'd be miserable if I wasn't going to Belgium!

The most boring, repetitive, characterless, atmosphereless, charmless place I've ever holidayed in is Paris. It was okay the first time seeing the sights, but the second time I was bored out of my head and just wanted to get away. I kept thinking that in nine weeks I would be in Brugge and that made it more bearable!
Sabena and Sobelair - gone but never forgotten.
Louise

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

sab319 wrote:Why is NY that interesting? Because of the big hole in the ground??
Not very nice :evil:

I have lived near New York for 18 months and I still haven't seen enough of it. New York is a fascinating city :idea: :!:
André
ex Sabena #26567

Comet

Post by Comet »

I agree with Andre, that is not a nice thing to say sab.

I went to New York when I was five years old. At that time I didn't really appreciate the place fully, but if I went now I would really get the best out of it (very good eating, alot to see and photograph.)

The USA is a fantastic country, there is too much to see and hell of alot of variety so it can never be boring in my opinion.
Louise

MD-11

Post by MD-11 »

Normally we weren't going on holiday this year-at least not by plane-because we are also having costs at our house ( restauration ).
So I did some overtime at work and bought a Best Buy ticket for one day to Copenhagen with SNBA. :) This to celebrate my Birthday in June. :wink:
I have to fly at least once a year :roll:
But as most of you all know I'm getting married in July... And off course there's a honeymoon.
Since a honeymoon is something special and a once in a lifetime experience ( normally :wink: ) we thought it should be exotic...
So we're going to Aruba for 10 days.
We will fly KLM and according to a e-mail of KLM it will be with a MD-11 :D
My wife was hoping for a B747-400, but KLM also wrote that perhaps it can change.
Also we will make a short hop BRU-AMS with KLM Cityhopper and that will normally be a F70.
When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

dna

Post by dna »

I'm afraid I have already had my holiday for this year :-(
I had three fabulous weeks in Australia. All that's left this year is a few smaller trips to Berlin and London to visit friends.

I will however be in Athens this summer before and during the Olympics. Unfortunately, that will be hard work, and not a holiday at all. We're flying out to Athens on Hellas Jet, but they have already cancelled our return flight on August 30, so we're flying back on Olympic. I have no idea what they're like.

Dave

Comet

Post by Comet »

I have an extra in November - a couple of nights in Birmingham, which will include spotting in BHX and then a day in Brussels to buy beer (same flight arrangements as we had in March). I am hoping that when we go to BHX next time we will see some of its famous exotic visitors, as Mahan Air will have started flying there next time we go, but I don't know what days they will visit yet. The real ones I want to see won't be there because they are in on Monday and Thursday :(
Louise