Christmas trains

This is the place to hang out when you have finished your aviation related discussions, please remain always friendly and respectful against each other! Offensive and/or racist remarks are not allowed.
Comet

Christmas trains

Post by Comet »

Are there regular trains between Oostende and Brugge on 25th December? I have tried finding out on the Belgian Rail website but that date does not show yet when you put a query in. We need to know quick because we need to know where we have to book our December hotel, if we can get a train Ok then we stay in Oostende, if not then we stay in Brugge.
Sabena and Sobelair - gone but never forgotten.
Louise

sab319
Location: Mortsel, antwerp, Flanders, Belgium, Europe, Earth, Milky way

Re: Christmas trains

Post by sab319 »

Since the 25th of December is holiday, trains will drive according to the Sunday schedule. But even that one still offers 3 trains an hour between both cities. Do note that the train schedules all over Europe change around the 14th of December, so that explains why it's impossible for now to see when which trains will operate on the 25th of December, they are usually just loaded into the search engines 1 month in advance.

Comet

Post by Comet »

Thanks sab, that's really helpful. It is only where I live that there is no transport available on 25th December - no buses or trains running and if you want a taxi you have to book it days in advance. We will still be able to stay in Oostende and eat a Christmas meal in Brugge :mrgreen:
Louise

MD-11

Post by MD-11 »

My first solo train ride was on December 25 th 2008 and it was from Brussels airport to Bruges.... :D
When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

Comet

Post by Comet »

MD-11 wrote:My first solo train ride was on December 25 th 2008 and it was from Brussels airport to Bruges.... :D
I bet that was fun :mrgreen: I love the ride out of BRU, we always try and see the Atomium near Brussels Noord station - the only time I have visited Belgium and not seen the Atomium was last Christmas (that was because we were on the awful ferry :evil: ) My favourite train rides (from a tourist point of view) are Oostende to Eupen (especially beyond Liege travelling in the direction of Eupen), Verviers to Spa, Brussels to Dinant, Brugge to Tongeren and Hasselt, Kortrijk to Oudenaarde and Brugge to Zeebrugge Dorp (I don't like Strand very much).
Louise