FIFA World Cup Germany 2006

This is the place to hang out when you have finished your aviation related discussions, please remain always friendly and respectful against each other! Offensive and/or racist remarks are not allowed.
C_J

Post by C_J »

There is a possibility for Switzerland to beat France. Their preparation was very bad: a dispute between the keepers, Cissé's broken leg... Remember Senegal 4 years ago!

EHAM

Post by EHAM »

C_J wrote:Remember Senegal 4 years ago!
Yeah, that was big fun :wink:

Avro

Post by Avro »

Ovostar wrote: I can't wait for Tuesday! FRANCE-SWITZERLAND!!! It'll be a nightmare for the nerves!
Hop Schwiez !! :kvole:

Ovostar

Post by Ovostar »

Thank you for your nice comments about Switzerland!

I think that they have some chances to win!
In EURO 2004, Switzerland and France were in the same group. France won 3-1
In 2005, Switzerland and France were in the same qualifiying group, we drawe twice. 0-0 in Paris, then 1-1 in Bern...
Now 2006 France-Switzerland AGAIN :lol:
I can't wait! France team seems quite divided and critisized. In Switzerland, it's mental, i've never seen such fever in switzerland. there is flags everywhere, almost everyone believe and support the team... it's so good!

Everything is possible, to beat the french in front of the whole world would be quite a pleasure ;)

teddybAIR

Post by teddybAIR »

I don't know,

France has a pretty impressive list of players with a lot of experience!

C_J

Post by C_J »

0-0, not a very attractive game, perhaps it was a bit too hot :) But Switzerland can be glad with a draw against their big neighbours.

Avro

Post by Avro »

C_J wrote:0-0, not a very attractive game, perhaps it was a bit too hot :) But Switzerland can be glad with a draw against their big neighbours.
Well I would rather say that France could be happy with the 0-0.

The Swiss had 2 big chances and it oculd have been 2-0 for Switzerland !!

teddybAIR

Post by teddybAIR »

I watched Brazil-Croatia yesterday evening (1-0) And guess what I was most impressed about in the whole match...the fairplay! Indeed, although it was a good match (pretty offensive) both teams demonstrated how football should be in terms of code of conduct!

Ovostar

Post by Ovostar »

France-Switzerland Maybe very boring and the most ugly game of this world cup for the moment... But for the french and swiss it was a nightmare for the nerves! AWFUL!

In a way i am disappointed that Switzerland didn't win. They hit the post once. They almost scored... But then i realise that the referee could have given a penalty to france... So for Switzerland to draw France in the world cup, with Zidane, Henry etc... It's quite something!
France is the first seeded team of the world cup NOT to win its first game....

anyway! It's the 3rd draw between Swiss and french in a year. Impossible to separate these teams. It's Maybe Love ;) hehhee

C_J

Post by C_J »

Brazil wasn't very impressive, Ronaldo was not sharp (fat ronny ;)), but I am shure they will grow in the tournament. I also found Croatia a very decent team.

As I like 'underdogs', I am actually a bit a Ghana-supporter. They really got a good team (very decent game against Italy), they only miss a top striker.

It's a good tournament till now, I hope there will come some surprises of the smaller teams.

Ovostar

Post by Ovostar »

I am amazed bu spanish demonstration! the 2nd of groupe g will probably see spain in the second round (i hope it's not switzerland)... THen, the saudia arabia vs tunisia was a very entertaining game! and Germany, i am happy that Oliver Neuville scored! I saw his debuts at Servette FC, the team of my city (geneva) ... he was born in the same hospital than me :D

Anyway! Tomorrow, The 2nd game of england will be very interesting!

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

It is just before the England v Brazil semi final. Ronaldinho goes into the Brazilian changing room to find all his team-mates looking a bit glum.

"What's up?" he asks.

"Well, we're having trouble getting motivated for this game. We know it's important but it's only England. They're sh*te and we can't be bothered."

Ronaldinho looks at them and says, "Well, I reckon I can beat them by myself; you lads go down the pub."

So Ronaldinho goes out to play England by himself and the rest of the Brazilian team go off for a few jars.

After a few pints they wonder how the game is going, so they get the landlord to put the tele-text on. A big cheer goes up as the screen reads "Brazil 1 - England 0 (Ronaldinho 10 minutes)". He is beating England all by himself!

Anyway, a few pints later and the game is forgotten until someone remembers, "It must be full time now, let's see how he got on." They put the tele-text on.

"Result from the Stadium 'Brazil 1 (Ronaldinho 10 minutes) – England 1 (Lampard 89 minutes)."

They can't believe it; he has single-handedly got a draw against England!!

They rush back to the Stadium to congratulate Ronaldinho. They find him in the dressing room, still in his gear, sitting with his head in his hands.

He refuses to look at them. "I've let you down, I've let you down."

"Don't be daft; you got a draw against England, all by yourself. And they only scored at the very, very end!"

"No, no, I have, I've let you down...I got sent off after 12 minutes."
André
ex Sabena #26567

teddybAIR

Post by teddybAIR »

:D

That's a good one, but I don't think a semi-final can end in a draw... :roll: :?

C_J

Post by C_J »

Argentina - Servia Montenegro
Ivory Coast - Holland
Angola - Mexico

Nice games today!

EHAM

Post by EHAM »

C_J wrote:Ivory Coast - Holland
And "we" are through to the next round! :kvole:

hanahiyo

Post by hanahiyo »

Hi there!
I hope Japan will win the next game.
( I don't expect to be a winner. It's too difficult. )
I like Nakata. He is the Japanese player who can be as a global player.

How do you watch the games?
It's impossible for me to go to Germany, so I enjoy watching the games by TV at my home.
Unfortunately, I was in bed when the first game of Japan was kicked off.
Now I feel much better, and can't wait to watch the game tomorrow.
Well, it's time to buy some bottles of beer and snacks.
Bye!

C_J

Post by C_J »

EHAM wrote:And "we" are through to the next round! :kvole:
I found Ivory Coast the better team to be honest. Holland was nowhere after they scored two goals (but indeed, they scored twice en Ivory Coast just once :)).

Avro

Post by Avro »

C_J wrote:
EHAM wrote:And "we" are through to the next round! :kvole:
I found Ivory Coast the better team to be honest. Holland was nowhere after they scored two goals (but indeed, they scored twice en Ivory Coast just once :)).
I'm very happy that Holland is through to the next round. :) Even if I'm Belgian ;)

I'll here in holland for the rest of the world cup and the atmosphere is just great over here when Holland is playing !! So I'd like to see the dutch team go up to the final. But then they can lose héhé

Chris