Did they move Brussels airport?

This is the place to hang out when you have finished your aviation related discussions, please remain always friendly and respectful against each other! Offensive and/or racist remarks are not allowed.
liebensd

Did they move Brussels airport?

Post by liebensd »

It looks like Amadeus has a little problem with the Belgian geography.

Greetz,

Dave

regi

Post by regi »

this is a straight offence.
wars have broken out for less.

Avro

Post by Avro »

regi wrote:this is a straight offence.
wars have broken out for less.
Oh come on regi.

A straight offense :roll:

The Belgians all know that the airport is in "vlaams brabant". But do you really think the US or Asian tourists care about that ? NO The tourists just want to go to Belgium that's all. They don't care about our different regions.

I agree it's a mistake but it's definitely not an offense.

Chris

speedbird1

Post by speedbird1 »

Regi, ever heard of a mistake? I assume you've sent Amadeus an email in regard to the mistake if you're that bothered! hehe!

Emirates

regi

Post by regi »

This is not something to joke about. I did take it seriously. I tried to get the same info as on the posting , from the Amadeus network but it didn't appear.
I do not believe this is a mistake. It is not normal to put a province name next to the name of an airport. (we are not is the USA where they always put the states in addresses)
We had discussions here before about the status of Zaventem.
But let us take it positively. If it doesn't matter, than legislation by the Brussels government about noise in the south belt doesn't matter as well.
Same rights, same duties.
About email: I did not sent an email to people who take this seriously as well because I could not verify it.

Vinnie-Winnie

Post by Vinnie-Winnie »

Chill man chill wouldn't get offended whatsoever if they said that Charleroi was in west vlaanderen!!! :wink:

Buzz

Post by Buzz »

regi wrote:This is not something to joke about. I did take it seriously. I tried to get the same info as on the posting , from the Amadeus network but it didn't appear.
I do not believe this is a mistake. It is not normal to put a province name next to the name of an airport. (we are not is the USA where they always put the states in addresses)
Relax... Look at the destination airport: the same format:
Airport, Region, Country,(CODE)

Just because someone somewhere (amadeus isn't Belgian is it?) entered the wrong region, doesn't mean all hell has broken loose...

Rayman

Post by Rayman »

Once, at Orlando MCO I went to the Avis desk. The lady was kind and helpful but not geographically skilled:

Lady: Hi sir, how are you today?
Me: Very fine, thank you!
Lady: Where are you from?
Me: We're from the Netherlands.
Lady: Oh, nice, the capital of Belgium!
Me: 8O

AFApresident

Post by AFApresident »

IF they enter the province name they can at least enter the correct name in the official language of the territory this airport is located or english.

So Vlaams Brabant or Flemish Brabant

On servinfo the airport is also named Bruxelles National. Couldn't they just take the english name???

Apparantely they fixed it now to Brussels National (BRU), Brussels, Belgium