Indian restaurant in Birmingham appreciated

This is the place to hang out when you have finished your aviation related discussions, please remain always friendly and respectful against each other! Offensive and/or racist remarks are not allowed.
Advisor

Indian restaurant in Birmingham appreciated

Post by Advisor »

Birmingham's Maharaja Restaurant has been named the best in Britain by a BBC food magazine.

A picture of the restaurant inside:arrow:

Details here

:offtopic:
Comet, I hope you are reading this :smile:
Aum Sweet Aum.

Comet

Post by Comet »

Yes, I'm reading this Advisor :wink:

Birmingham is known for its Indian restaurants, it is credited as the home of the balti and from what I have heard a whole area of the city is full of Indian restaurants.

Bradford is also well known for superb Indian food.

My own personal favourite Indian place is in London, near Paddington station. It is called The Mughals and we always go there when we have been in that area of London. It always gets full.
Sabena and Sobelair - gone but never forgotten.
Louise

C_J

Post by C_J »

Comet wrote: Bradford is also well known for superb Indian food.
I've been there and I agree with you. Quite normal: you can drive a mile in your car there and all people you see are Indians or Pakistani. Very funny.

regi

Post by regi »

A real quiz question would have been:
name a english restaurant in B'Ham.
My experience with the balti/tandoori eateries in and around B'Ham, especially Dudley, are pretty good. Look out where you get inside: if you want to have wine with your diner you need to bring your own to many indian restaurants.
I had numerous conversations with waiters from asian descent. When they found out I wasn't brittish, well, they didn't hide their utter disrespect for english culture. They really hate the UK. The only thing that matters is to get some money and go back to Dhaka to marrry a nice girl.

Advisor

Post by Advisor »

Nice one regi :wink:

But Dhaka is in Bangladesh which Borders India on the East.

An Indian would want to return to Delhi maybe :wink:
Aum Sweet Aum.

regi

Post by regi »

Well , I did not make the distinction between pakistani, indian or bengali, as the english customers also don't. They go for tandoori food, balti kitchen, but they have no clue where the staff comes from.
Some months ago in Leicester, I found out they had 2 kosovarian cooks in the kitchen of an asian restaurant.

Advisor

Post by Advisor »

Kosovarian makes me feel, that the next time in in one of these restaurants, i must sneak peek inside :smile:
Aum Sweet Aum.

vc-10

Post by vc-10 »

There is a great Indian Restaurant in Salisbury, called Anoka. The food is excelent, and cheap. They call the food 'contempory', but it is the same stuff as in any other indian, but much better quality! Also at lunch it has an all-you-can-eat buffet.:D:D:D:D

VC10

Post by VC10 »

regi wrote:I had numerous conversations with waiters from asian descent. When they found out I wasn't brittish, well, they didn't hide their utter disrespect for english culture. They really hate the UK. The only thing that matters is to get some money and go back to Dhaka to marrry a nice girl.
Charming!!!!! I can believe it though, but I find it utterly contemptable that these people take advantage of our hospitality then, metaphorically "stab us in the back"!!!! It disgusts me!!!!!!
The Voice of Freedom will never be silenced.

Trisha

vc-10

Post by vc-10 »

Nick and Mark?

Comet

Post by Comet »

For Nick and Mark - do some searching my friend. I am sure that VC10 would love to enlighten you, or let you work it out. I'll tell her this comment is on and let her decide for herself what to do :twisted:
Sabena and Sobelair - gone but never forgotten.
Louise

VC10

Post by VC10 »

vc-10 wrote:Nick and Mark?
I'll answer as best I can on a non-political forum...

My signature is a political protest. I am a political activist, but I won't say any more about that on here. (If you'd like a more detailed explanation, I will gladly enlighten you by PM.. :lol: :lol: )

There are some who would demand that I be banned if I went any further than that.!!
Let me know if you require to know more..
The Voice of Freedom will never be silenced.

Trisha