EHBD 28/02/2016

Share pictures, log-reports, special aircraft, nice events, hints and tips

Moderator: Plane spotting team

tangolima

EHBD 28/02/2016

Post by tangolima »

Hello

My first visit to Budel/Kempen airport (EHBD). Was in the area, for a family weekend, so thought ''why not go there quickly?'' The airport is about +/- 5 km from the Belgian border and I think best comparably with Genk Zwartberg or Ursel. Mainly you see training traffic, but once or twice a week you might see a private jet (PC12 ,King Air or Citation Mustang) The airport has 1 asphalt runway of 1199m.

Seen at 1545LT:

Cessna150 PH-RIN
Cessna150 PH-DKE
Cessna172 PH-DKH
Cessna172 PH-AVF
Cessna182 D-EMXL
SOCATA TB-9 Tampico PH-DWH
Ultravia Pélican PL PH-COW also cow livery :)
Van's RV-10 PH-RVX

RWY for Arr & Dep: 03

Greetings,
All my posted timings are local !

jan_olieslagers

Re: EHBD 28/02/2016

Post by jan_olieslagers »

Thank you, TL. This Dutch aerodrome is interestingly within the CTR of Belgian EBKB Kleine Brogel air base. The comparison would perhaps be better with Kortrijk-Wevelgem, given the nearby business park: this was really meant to be a business airfield.

I have not been there for many years, but am surprised you did not spot any ultralights - there always were a good many of them around. Too windy, perhaps, at that particular moment?

tangolima

Re: EHBD 28/02/2016

Post by tangolima »

jan_olieslagers wrote:Thank you, TL. This Dutch aerodrome is interestingly within the CTR of Belgian EBKB Kleine Brogel air base. The comparison would perhaps be better with Kortrijk-Wevelgem, given the nearby business park: this was really meant to be a business airfield.

I have not been there for many years, but am surprised you did not spot any ultralights - there always were a good many of them around. Too windy, perhaps, at that particular moment?
Hello

It was quite windy, so that might be the reason. Also all hangar doors were closed, so could not look into them.
And indeed airport is in the middle of a business park and in front of the airport I only saw BMW's, Audi's and some porsche's :) So rich students or instructors haha :)

Greetings,
All my posted timings are local !