Share pictures, log-reports, special aircraft, nice events, hints and tips

Moderator: Plane spotting team

teddybAIR

Impossible picture !!!

Post by teddybAIR »

How do you take this in a legal way???

SNam

Post by SNam »

i don't see any problem with this picture!?

Why do you think this is impossible??

Btw: nice picture of a wonderfull airplane

teddybAIR

Post by teddybAIR »

Well, I found it on a.net and generally what you find is not this kind of air to air shots where the gear is still fully extended when breaking through the clouds. This picture was not taken accidentally but must have been well prepared in advance. I wouldn't be supprised if they actually used it in a campaign or on posters or something.
Can anyone confirm?

Best regards

fokker_f27

Post by fokker_f27 »

http://www2.airliners.net/open.file/0640853/M/
This one looks even more impossible to me...
The most sexy girl in the sky: The Sud-Est Caravelle 12.

SNam

Post by SNam »

But this photo is a real air to air photo, the one of sobelair is just a normal take off picture!!

You can see more of them on airliners.net but without the clouds!

teddybAIR

Post by teddybAIR »

SNam wrote:But this photo is a real air to air photo, the one of sobelair is just a normal take off picture!!
Normal?! Hm it's a picture above the clouds taken from only a few ten meters away. Was this guy a fighter pilot? And why is the landing gear only retracting when breaking trough the clouds? This is far from normal if you ask me...

TUB001

Post by TUB001 »

teddybAIR wrote:
SNam wrote:But this photo is a real air to air photo, the one of sobelair is just a normal take off picture!!
Normal?! Hm it's a picture above the clouds taken from only a few ten meters away. Was this guy a fighter pilot? And why is the landing gear only retracting when breaking trough the clouds? This is far from normal if you ask me...
It looks like a totally normal take-off to me...

Stepha380

Post by Stepha380 »

I would say that the clouds are in the background and that your eyes are the innocent victims of a optic illusion.
Contact the photographer, he will be happy to answer your questions.

teddybAIR

Post by teddybAIR »

:? That must be it I guess, as I am the only one who finds it a strange shot...sorry for the trouble

teddybAIR

Post by teddybAIR »

I admit that i must have been misled by the angle on the first picture, but you must agree that that picture posted by fokker_f27 is not just a pic you take every day...

Skyfighter

Post by Skyfighter »

OKe lol i think the first one is really an optical illusion and the photo was taken from the ground after take-off of the plane.

The second one could be one from out of a plane (flybye) with a big lens OR it could be been "photoshoped" :wink:

Photographers comment: ...just a few hundred feet below you! This was really amazing. It's a real air-to-air picture...

greets

Advisor

Post by Advisor »

Some nice pictures here 8)
Aum Sweet Aum.

Rago

Post by Rago »

Stepha380 wrote:... a optic illusion.
Correct! Just like this one :

http://www.airliners.net/open.file/0709190/M/

A lot of people are thinking this is an in-flight pic... No way, this is ground-level!

BrusselsNick

Post by BrusselsNick »

I kow one thing , all of these shots are wonderfull ,

I would be in the place of the photographer who made this pics.

All of the pictures are possibly been taken with a big Telezoomer, thats why you think its impossible to take the picture.

I don't think the sobelair 707 is taken 10 meters next to it. A big lens was used , nothing special for the rest !!!

greets and regards

Nick

Bracebrace

Post by Bracebrace »

Something I've noticed a few months now, regarding some pictures on airliners.net:

http://www.airliners.net/open.file/1091105/M/

Pictures like these show situations which I've never seen in real life, but they appear on A.net more and more. To me they seem very unrealistic, heavily photoshoped, yet they seem to be allowed on A.net. I wonder if anyone can really prove these are authentic...

Bottie

Post by Bottie »

Bracebrace wrote:Something I've noticed a few months now, regarding some pictures on airliners.net:

http://www.airliners.net/open.file/1091105/M/

Pictures like these show situations which I've never seen in real life, but they appear on A.net more and more. To me they seem very unrealistic, heavily photoshoped, yet they seem to be allowed on A.net. I wonder if anyone can really prove these are authentic...
I've seen such effects a few times before, at AMS and OST ...

Apuneger

Post by Apuneger »

About the SLR 707 taking off: the photograph was taken like tens of thousands of other normal takeoff shots, ie looking slightly upward, hence only sky in the background and no landmarks such as mountains, towers etc.

About the other so-called 'fake' photos: nowadays, with photoshop etc, on one side basically one could 'construct' any photo you'd like. On the other side, one could go out and take magnificent photos like those mentioned.

Best regards,
Ivan