Picture of Swiss chartercompany Swiss Sun

Share pictures, log-reports, special aircraft, nice events, hints and tips

Moderator: Plane spotting team

luchtzak

Picture of Swiss chartercompany Swiss Sun

Post by luchtzak »

http://www.planepictures.net/netshow.cgi?93414

Press release:
“Swiss Sun” has been selected as the new brand name for the charter services offered by Swiss International Air Lines. The new name will feature on the four new Airbus A320 aircraft which will supersede the present Boeing MD-83 fleet on such services from April 2003 onwards.
greetings,

luchtzak
:rock:

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Glad they changed their planes, although I remember with enthusiasm my flights abord the old MD83s, which were transfered from Swissair to Balair-CTA first, and later Crossair for their charter operations, when Balair decided to concentrate on long-haul charters.

I flew them once under the name Balair between Geneva and Tenerife, and twice under the name Crossair between Geneva and respectively Tenerife and Las Palmas.

[note: I was living in France at 1 km from Geneva-Cointrin airport at that time. I was spotting every day :D :D :D ]
André
ex Sabena #26567

meerkat

Post by meerkat »

Obviously the colour scheme design team went home early on the day they launched the new airline!!!

Meerkat :? :?

aerpix

Post by aerpix »

They indeed went home early! Not even a small sun is painted anywhere on the aircraft :( . This bird is due for delivery to Zurich now any day.

Regards,
Peter