spottingvisit dusseldorf

Share pictures, log-reports, special aircraft, nice events, hints and tips

Moderator: Plane spotting team

Buzzydriver

spottingvisit dusseldorf

Post by Buzzydriver »

Hey planespotters en co.
to testing our new D70 18-70 70-300 we will soon stay a day in du. anyone who can provide us practical information about this airport,spottingplaces.shootingtips(pics offcourse) etc...all hints are welcome.
thx in adv.

AN124

Post by AN124 »

hi Buzzydriver.

Spotting at DUS is always good.
The best places to go are the 2 visitor teracces. You pay 2 Euro entrance fee for your ticket. You then can access both terraces the whole day long.

The first one is located at the airports railway station.
For a aircraft at the taxiway you will need approx 50mm for a 737/320. The shoot at the runway 200mm is enough. For the second runway you need some more mm.

The second terrace is located on top of terminal B. Also here you have a great view over the airport and can follow all the movement. Seem amount of mm counts for here.
Most of the time I go to the terrace at the terminal because you some more changes to shoot the aircraft and you have screens to follow the arrival and departure times.

Happy Spotting.

Best Regards,
Yvo

Glider

Post by Glider »

Try both visitors terraces, one on top of the railway station (near the end of the runway 23L) and one on the terminal. You can visit them both, because there's a train connection between the station and the terminals which you can use when you pas your €2. I bet those €2 will be one of the best spent euros in your life :P

I know there is a report of DUS in the forums somewhere (think it was made by Vonsmall) which I found very good. Of course, there are a lot of topics with DUS-info. I have no time to look for them (I'm at work), but good luck with the search.

Buzzydriver

Post by Buzzydriver »

thanks for the information AN 124 and Glider,hope to get there soon;pics will follow.greetz

Dreamflight

Post by Dreamflight »

Hello Buzzydriver,

Some good dus-information you can find on these links:

LINK 1
LINK 2
LINK 3

Regards,
I feel the need for airspeed!

Buzzydriver

Post by Buzzydriver »

Dreamflight,thx for the given info.