Search found 2116 matches

by Stij
06 Nov 2019, 08:02
Forum: Latest aviation news
Topic: TUI fly Belgium in 2019
Replies: 186
Views: 116590

Re: TUI fly Belgium in 2019

... Care to explain why Melbourne is "not really an improvement for passengers"? Instead of supposing, why don't you give some arguments? Such as...; - Melbourne = faster immigration/less queues than SFB - Transport is most of the time included with TUI for packages, if any time is lost in commutin...
by Stij
30 Oct 2019, 08:36
Forum: Latest aviation news
Topic: Brussels Airport's potential cooperation with Brussels Airlines
Replies: 31
Views: 1176

Re: Brussels Airlines' fleet renewal

Or... they could reduce the fees a bit for everybody... your largest customer still benefits the most... but that ain't gonna happen...

Cheers;

Stij
by Stij
23 Oct 2019, 14:41
Forum: Latest aviation news
Topic: Brussels Airlines in 2019
Replies: 1099
Views: 319422

Re: Brussels Airlines in 2019

According to Flemish Newspaper "De Standaard", Brussels Airlines should become a smaller but more profitable company. However, no employees are to be fired. More news to follow... https://www.standaard.be/cnt/dmf20191023_04680035?_section=67797693&utm_source=standaard&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_campa...
by Stij
15 Oct 2019, 11:43
Forum: Latest aviation news
Topic: Brussels Airlines in 2019
Replies: 1099
Views: 319422

Re: Brussels Airlines in 2019

Cool it guys...

Stij
by Stij
06 Sep 2019, 11:33
Forum: Latest aviation news
Topic: Brussels Airport (BRU) infrastructure: future
Replies: 1572
Views: 486537

Re: Brussels Airport (BRU) infrastructure: future

Conti764 wrote:
06 Sep 2019, 08:48


Sorry, I misunderstood... No, indeed at the bus level nothing changed. I thougth you spoke in general. At departures and arrivals all is normalnagain xith all doors accesible...
Since when? A couple of weeks ago on the departures level, only one door was opened for entrance...

Stij
by Stij
27 Aug 2019, 16:25
Forum: Civil aviation / General aviation
Topic: Why no aircraft visible on Google Earth?
Replies: 12
Views: 15148

Re: Why no aircraft visible on Google Earth?

lumumba wrote:
27 Aug 2019, 16:18
I look on my mobile I don't think I have this option?
I don't know, I only use it on my desktop...
by Stij
27 Aug 2019, 11:00
Forum: Civil aviation / General aviation
Topic: Why no aircraft visible on Google Earth?
Replies: 12
Views: 15148

Re: Why no aircraft visible on Google Earth?

lumumba wrote:
26 Aug 2019, 23:14
Something very strange on Google Earth with Brussels airport there is not a single plane at Brussels Airport!!!!
Take the most recent picture (Button with the watch and the green arrow) and you see a lot of planes!

Stij
by Stij
20 Aug 2019, 16:39
Forum: Latest aviation news
Topic: Lufthansa in 2019
Replies: 157
Views: 80922

Re: Lufthansa in 2019

PttU wrote:
20 Aug 2019, 16:27
Three global carriers in Europe: BA (or the IAG-group), AF-KLM and LH-group?
+ 3 LCC: Ryanair, Easyjet and Wizzair...
All the rest is will be niche players...

Stij
by Stij
19 Aug 2019, 14:55
Forum: Latest aviation news
Topic: Brussels Airlines in 2019
Replies: 1099
Views: 319422

Re: Brussels Airlines in 2019

But if you want to expand in destinations/frequencies to such airports you can’t keep subcontracting. That makes sense as long as it’s a too small sub-fleet to operate yourself. In the US it's the most normal thing to subcontract everything under 100 seats... Example... https://en.wikipedia.org/wik...
by Stij
19 Aug 2019, 09:57
Forum: Latest aviation news
Topic: Brussels Airport (BRU): Star Alliance, Oneworld and Skyteam under one roof?
Replies: 110
Views: 90178

Re: Brussels Airport (BRU): Star Alliance, Oneworld and Skyteam under one roof?

Not being a professional... Is it correct there are 4 types of passengers - Unchecked departing passengers - Security checked departing passengers and passengers coming from Schengen flights. - Security and border checked departing passengers - Arriving passengers from non-Schengen flights. Is it co...
by Stij
14 Aug 2019, 08:54
Forum: Latest aviation news
Topic: Brussels Airport (BRU) infrastructure: future
Replies: 1572
Views: 486537

Re: Brussels Airport (BRU) infrastructure: future

I hope that everyone now accepts that shit happens at every airport in the world, and not in Brussels only. You gotta be kidding me... That wasn't just accepted a zillion posts ago, nobody ever wrote nothing could go wrong!!! However, what some don't accept as normal is that a system went down 4 ti...
by Stij
12 Aug 2019, 11:25
Forum: Airline experiences and trip reports
Topic: OT: Baggage repair shop needed
Replies: 8
Views: 17361

Re: OT: Baggage repair shop needed

Out of experience...
The Trunki's are just fine as hand luggage and the two we own survived already many trips by plane and car.
However, if you want better... https://www.samsonite.be/nl/dream-rider ... -7258.html

Cheers,

Stij
by Stij
11 Aug 2019, 09:11
Forum: Latest aviation news
Topic: Air Belgium in 2019
Replies: 355
Views: 157265

Re: Air Belgium in 2019

flightlover wrote:
11 Aug 2019, 01:29
They needed a reason to extend the runway, don't think anyone else was candidate to play such a role.
Sometime I think the airport is there to give work to the local general contractors...

Cheers,

Stij
by Stij
09 Aug 2019, 12:01
Forum: Latest aviation news
Topic: Air Antwerp in 2019
Replies: 195
Views: 166177

Re: Air Antwerp, a new airline from Antwerp Deurne airport

PttU wrote:
09 Aug 2019, 11:28
KLM already offers Thalys-tickets from Antwerp (ZWE) to AMS. As it's more KLM supporting this than AirFrance, I don't think ANR-CDG will be a thing very soon (and ANR-AMS neither).
I thought they were one company..
by Stij
09 Aug 2019, 12:01
Forum: Latest aviation news
Topic: Air Antwerp in 2019
Replies: 195
Views: 166177

Re: Air Antwerp, a new airline from Antwerp Deurne airport

Because for travelling to CDG - either from Brussels or from Antwerp - the Thalys/TGV is already offering good service? Generally, I think feeder flights cannot be a prime business case; point to point traffic should be the aim. Because as far as I know the Thalys goes to Paris-Nord and not to CDG....
by Stij
09 Aug 2019, 10:57
Forum: Latest aviation news
Topic: Air Antwerp in 2019
Replies: 195
Views: 166177

Re: Air Antwerp, a new airline from Antwerp Deurne airport

Dream modus on...
If they're successful, why not start a feeder flight to CDG?

Cheers,

Stij
by Stij
09 Aug 2019, 10:55
Forum: Latest aviation news
Topic: Air Antwerp in 2019
Replies: 195
Views: 166177

Re: Air Antwerp, a new airline from Antwerp Deurne airport

PttU wrote:
09 Aug 2019, 10:51
What are the benefits of the codeshare besides selling tickets on the klm.com-website and earning skyteam-points?
That everybody in the City knows KLM...

Kind regards,

Stij
by Stij
08 Aug 2019, 16:02
Forum: Latest aviation news
Topic: Brussels Airport (BRU) infrastructure: future
Replies: 1572
Views: 486537

Re: Brussels Airport (BRU) infrastructure: future

I'm just reporting that technical problems is no exclusivity for Brussels Airport. Of course things go wrong in other airports, but the problem remains... the frequency at Brussels is exceptionally high and unacceptable (and Brussels Airport knows this as well, therefore they've offered very welcom...
by Stij
08 Aug 2019, 15:29
Forum: Latest aviation news
Topic: Brussels Airport (BRU) infrastructure: future
Replies: 1572
Views: 486537

Re: Brussels Airport (BRU) infrastructure: future

Passenger wrote:
08 Aug 2019, 14:52
Thursday morning: luggage belt total blackout for several hours at... Eindhoven Airport.
Your point being? Things going wrong 1 time at other airports isn't an excuse nor a defense for things going chronically wrong at BRU.

Stij
by Stij
08 Aug 2019, 14:24
Forum: Latest aviation news
Topic: Eurowings in 2019
Replies: 153
Views: 99200

Re: Eurowings in 2019

Maybe they looked at Edelweiss / Swiss...
Tourist routes are flown by Edelweiss but Swiss codeshares on them as well...

So this summer I flew ZRH-OLB with a Swiss ticked on an Edelweiss flight... operated by Swiss! ;-)

Cheers,

Stij