Purpose of the job
The Technical Engineer-Structures is to support the Engineering Manager in the assigned domain with Structures expertise to assure the continuing airworthiness of ASL aircraft and to perform technical review of the aircraft in the fleet in order to improve the on–time, reliable, safe and cost effective performance for the Operator.
Main tasks and responsibilities
For the assigned ATA 100 chapters, provide support to the Engineering Manager to:
- Issue and/or integrate new proposals, amendments and requirements for the Aircraft Maintenance Program (AMP) and or MRB/MPD/STC processes.
- Identify, review, produce and follow-up of technical documentation related to new Airworthiness Directives to ensure adequate planning and on-time accomplishment of Airworthiness Directives.
- Identify, review, produce and follow-up of technical documentation related to Non-mandatory Modifications (SB, SL, STC, or Service docs).
- Participate in the Reliability Program to ensure adequate Monthly & Six-monthly Reliability Reporting and follow-up of identified improvement actions to improve on-time availability of the aircraft.
- Produce engineering analysis and define root-cause corrective actions related to Technical Flight Incidents Reports and other assigned occurrence reports.
- Make modification/STC data available in order to ensure that aircraft documentation is amended accordingly.
- Manage Repair, Dent and Buckle Files, provide AOG support for structural repairs and approvals, Fleet Team IdeaXchange Engineering representative during A and C checks …
Assist to Projects
To contribute to all special/internal projects that have been allocated by the Technical Director and/or to contribute to fleet or reliability related maintenance activities within assigned ATA 100 chapters, such as but not limited to :
- Provide assistance to phase in /phase out projects of aircraft as requested.
- Provide technical support in his/her domain to the Project and Engineering Manager in order to produce Aircraft Introduction Files iaw NAA requirements.
- To create a relationship and communicate with other departments and subcontractors in order to ensure effective and efficient co-operation aiming to improve overall company performance.
- To report timely, accurate and concise maintenance / modification planning highlights to all stakeholders internally and externally to make sure they all have the relevant information to achieve their objectives.
- To liaise with Flight Operations, Chief pilots, Project/fleet Managers, Maintenance Control and contracted maintenance organization to assure smooth aircraft positioning prior to scheduled line maintenance inputs.
Preferred experience / knowledge
- Bachelor or Master in Engineering or similar due to experience.
- At least one year experience in an aviation / aeronautical environment (preferred).
- Knowledge in continuing airworthiness, Part M, Part 145, Part 21 regulations.
- Experience with the specific aircraft type(s) is an asset.
- Able to demonstrate analytical skills, flexibility and ability to work under pressure.
- Solutions driven.
- Good communication skills with all levels.
- Work in an organized way to be able to meet set deadlines.
- Computer literate, MS Office with good administration skills.
- Good command of the English language (written and spoken).
- To display a positive, open and cooperative behaviour in order to facilitate a good relationship inside and outside the department, avoid and help to solve conflicts.
- To maintain a professional office environment with due regard to confidentiality and security of aircraft data.
- To take initiative to propose areas of improvement.
Undetermined period contract – Full time job.
Office hours, but demand for personal flexibility.
According a roster available for standby duties, for after office hours/during weekends to provide Engineering service support when required to the technical/maintenance operations and ensure the on-time availability of the aircraft.
Available to travel abroad from time to time mostly within Europe, but also intercontinental to be the engineering representative in aircraft / engine checks, to attend technical conferences and training, etc.
How to apply
Please send your CV and your motivation letter via our job portal http://jobs.aslairlines.be/and indicate the reference code in the subject of your motivation letter.