Purpose of the job
The purpose of the role is to monitor all ramp activities involving ASLB aircraft and operators flying for ASLB. Proactively identify operational issues and provide reliable and immediate information to OCC/LMC. Identify deviations to the procedures laid down in ASLB Ground Operations Manual (GOM) and report them to the Ground Operations department in order to improve the overall safety of ramp operations.
Main tasks and responsibilities
- Monitor ramp activities and record their completion time.
- Provide timely and accurate information on operational issues to both Operation Control Center (OCC) and Line Maintenance Control (LMC).
- Support OCC and LMC in any task involving operations on the ramp
- Liaise with Fedex/TNT ramp personnel in order to maintain safe and efficient operations.
- Liaise with X-Air services to follow up on the progress of maintenance tasks and obtain information on potential technical impacts in order to keep LMC updated.
- Train new staff when required.
- Keep the ramp control monitoring tool (Workflow+) updated.
- Submit safety reports if necessary
- Report any damage to ASLB aircraft or aircraft operating for ASLB to LMC and the Ground Operations Department.
- Report any deviation to ASLB GOM to the Ground Operations department.
- Report any operational deviation to OCC.
- Identify opportunities for improvement and make suggestions in order to support the company performance target.
Preferred experience / Knowledge
- High school education.
- Min 5 years of experience in the aviation industry.
- Background in Maintenance is a definite plus.
- Background in Ground Operations or similar experience.
- Previous ramp agent experience or equivalent (loadmaster, …).
- Good organizational, interpersonal and communication skills to handle with all stakeholders in English, French/Dutch.
- Proactivity in identifying and preventing potential operational issues.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Self-motivated and able to work under their own initiative.
- Sound knowledge of Microsoft Office products such as Word and Outlook at a user level.
- Fluent in English and French, Dutch a plus.
- To display a positive, open and cooperative behavior in order to facilitate a good relationship inside and outside the department, avoid and help to solve conflicts.
- To be rigorous, precise, well organized, solution orientated, proactive.
- To be able to work in shift (day/night) including week-end and bank holiday if necessary.
Undetermined period contract – Work in night shifts
How to apply
Please send your CV and your motivation letter via our job portal http://jobs.aslairlines.be/and indicate the reference code in the subject of your motivation letter.