Purpose of the job
- To optimize between Customer requirements; MRO slot availability, Tail utilization and Aircraft Maintenance Program limits, the Short, Mid and Long-Term Maintenance Planning for the entire ASLB fleet.
- To prepare, in close cooperation with the Engineering and MRO’s, executable work packages to obtain for a best economical result and minimum required grounding time.
- To optimize the work packaging of AMP maintenance tasks/modifications/AD-notes to ensure minimum ground times/maintenance cost within the period of the Lease/HMV cycle.
- To support the MPS manager with projects and with managing / coordinating activities in the department.
Main tasks and responsibilities
- To build, maintain and distribute a yearly (short, mid and long term) maintenance planning for Aircraft Base maintenance, and Engine, APU and Landing Gear Shop Visits.
- Define and maintain a (short/mid/long) term planning for various aircraft and component inspections/overhauls/fleet campaigns as required by applicable Airworthiness Documents and Aircraft Maintenance Programs, in order to comply with those requirements at the best possible cost level for ASLB.
- To build an accurate, detailed budget of the Base/Light Maintenance cost for the next year, based on preliminary work scopes, and using the maintenance standards database (man-hours, TAT, time lines jobs).
- Continuously optimize Base Maintenance Planning (packaging, combination or tasks, downtimes) in lieu of the changing network requirements, maximize aircraft availability, minimize maintenance cost and operational disruption risk and in compliance with quality & safety.
- Define and keep updated the maintenance time line for each leased aircraft with the most important maintenance events from phase-in to phase out and in compliance with AMP and redelivery conditions.
- On request support with managing projects, take-over (planning, Audit/Safety follow-up) meetings with Customer/MROs and/or manage department during absence N+1.
- To support Mx Planning and Aircraft Scheduling with the preparation of the tail assignment as such that the aircraft utilization is equally spread.
- To coordinate with contracted maintenance organization and/or Technical Representative in order to assure accomplishment of all planned maintenance whilst aircraft is in base maintenance.
- When applicable, to monitor contracted engineering compliance to contractual agreement in regard to Base maintenance Bill of Work build-up, and data-packs processing.
- To control ordering and availability of the required material for the selected tasks by the MRO or alternate source, at the correct location, in a timely manner.
- To participate to the Reliability meeting, suggest improvement actions with Base Maintenance experience and follow-up decided improvement actions during base maintenance events.
- To perform the quality/conformity check on the work pack (BOW, Dirty Finger Prints, Certification documents, …) according to the agreed standards and procedures..
- To contribute to all special assignments/projects such as
- Prepare AMP tasks and letter checks Escalations and Variations. Afterwards, to monitor such variations in order to ensure rectification is performed before the established limit.
- Prepare bridging checks content for aircraft phase in and/or out.
- To develop and maintain strong relations and communicate with Customers, Internal departments and Suppliers in order to ensure an effective and efficient co-operation and achieve goals/improve performances.
- To report timely, accurate and concise maintenance / modification planning highlights to all stakeholders internally and externally to make sure they all have the relevant information to achieve their objectives.
Preferred experience / knowledge
- Academically Bachelor or Master in Engineering or similar by experience.
- At least 5 (five) years of experience in an aviation maintenance or CAMO environment.
- Experience with the specific aircraft type(s) is an asset.
- Good knowledge of EASA & FAA regulations.
- Skills for taking lead with ability to motivate and direct a group/team.
- Able to demonstrate accuracy and analytical skills.
- Team-player, good communication skills with all levels in the organization and at suppliers/MRO’s.
- Flexibility will be requested depending on operational needs.
- Ability to function successfully in a pressure environment.
- Work in an organized way to be able to meet set deadlines.
- Experience in planning and organization of aircraft maintenance is an asset.
- Negotiation and convincing skills.
- Computer literate, MS Office with good administration skills.
- Good command of the English and French language (written and spoken).
- To display a positive, open and cooperative behaviour in order to facilitate a good relationship inside and outside the department, avoid and help to solve conflicts.
- To maintain a professional office environment with due regard to confidentiality and security of aircraft data.
- To be rigorous, precise, well organized, solution orientated, proactive, etc.
- To take initiative to propose areas of improvement.
Undetermined period contract – Full time job.
Request for a certain flexibility depending on operational needs.
How to apply
Please send your CV and your motivation letter via our job portal http://jobs.aslairlines.be/ and indicate the reference code in the subject of your motivation letter.