- To support the MCC Duty Controller with technical expertise in AOG situations/disruptions with technical advice that will help to solve the unscheduled failure as fast as possible.
- To provide timely and accurate information on fleet defect status to the Maintenance Control Duty Controller.
- Per fleet analyse on a flight by flight basis the “Aircraft Health Management” aircraft status trends, hydraulic/oil uplifts, PI-/MA-REPs that could result in unscheduled failure, and advise the MCC Duty Controller on actions
- Analyse Tech Log, PI-/MA-reps/defects to detect any repetitive defect, prepare trouble shoot/rectification action plan (work order) and ensure a rapid launch to avoid any premature failure that could result in an unscheduled downtime.
- Collect trouble shoot results and maintain a clear status report to prepare the next steps to take and prevent any unscheduled downtime.
- Analyse and follow-up any Delay/AOG/ASR/Shop-report to detect any defect/deviation/snag that may have an impending effect on the operation and take appropriate (preparation) actions to prevent unscheduled downtimes.
- For all fleets to maintain an overview status for repetitive Aircraft Health Management messages and other repetitive defect items with the progress status of the troubleshooting.
- Prepare the trouble shooting action plan/rectification + part requirement recommendations in good coordination with the Line/Light (Light/Base) Maintenance Planner, Procurement/Logistics and the MRO’s to ensure a timely launch in the production plan (BOWs) and to ensure the rectification actions will not (have minimal) impact on the flight program.
- Liaise with the Flight Crew to get good understanding of technical/MEL problems and implement actions to support improvement of technical/operational dispatch reliability and safety (avoid re-occurrence).
- Coordinate with the MCC Duty Controller and provide support if required on the Ramp and with the MRO’s as applicable to provide support (technical advice, PN advice, …) during the trouble shooting accomplishment.
- Support the Fleet Manager and Tech Reps when aircraft are in A-/C-/D-checks/special checks, with information/ history on (repeat/limitation) defects, provide advices and/or trouble shoot plan, PN advice, other (approved) doc’s/data and/or in-service experience that is readily available with the Fleet Advisors.
- Give follow-up to Top10 Priority List measures to prevent delays/AOG’s and/or improve technical recovery, with chasing status on implementation or actively implement assigned measures; i.e. advice on effectiveness of MBK/Fly Away kit inventories, ensure FAKs are complete, liaise with engineering on engine trending/actions, support fleet campaigns/keeping track of status, . . .)
- Liaise with the Engineering Department(s) for updates on the latest Reliability Developments or measures, requesting their expertise when required, return in-service experience to Engineering, and ensure follow-up to Top10 reliability items.
- Keep an easy access data base up-to-date with in-service (trouble shooting/TIL/Bulletin/ approved documents or manuals, AD/SL/SB’s etc) experience/instructions that help effectively/rapidly solve repeat/H-2-F defects in future.
- Be up-to-date with the aircraft specific Technical Information Leaflets/In-service experience to ensure effective use of available controlled documents/TIL’s and to provide support to LMC controllers, crews or MRO’s.
- Assist/give follow-up/close Aircraft related Safety Occurrences and/or findings from Quality/ARC/SAFA/NAA audits.
- Ensure follow-up/support with periodic sampling checks of the conformity findings on completed Tech Log/SRP’s by MRO providers and support with giving feedback to MRO providers for training purposes.
- Support with the analysing and defining MBK/Peculiar parts/Fly Away Kit inventories for all fleets and support with physical check of inventory (peculiar parts/mod kits/Fly Away Kits) in stores or in MRO warehouses. In specific cases support with expediting parts orders to help MCC duty controller with information on on-time delivery there-of with the required technical documents/certificates/labels.
Preferred experience / Knowledge
- Licensed engineer (part 66) with minimum 10 years’ experience, on at least 1 aircraft type in ASLB fleet.
- Good understanding of applicable Regulatory Authority Requirements (Part 145, Part-M).
- Previous experience in a same position is an asset.
- Good trouble shooting, analytic skills
- Work systematically, analytic, ability to improvise and creative to find (alternative) solutions.
- Good organisational skills, with helicopter view and ability to create focus and set priorities
- Drive to get things done, ability to work under pressure, take decisions
- Good communication skills, clear formulation, ability to listen
- Good convincing/motivation skills to convince MRO/technicians to follow instructions
- Computer literate with good administration skills, familiar with MS office. Fluent technical and conversational English/French both written and spoken.
Undetermined period contract – Full time job – Work in shift pattern.
High demand for flexibility and operational stress management.
How to apply
Please send your CV and your motivation letter via the ASL Airlines job portal and indicate the reference code in the subject of your motivation letter.