SkyTeam, the global airline alliance, has been named ‘Best Airline Alliance’ in Latin America. The ‘Best of Travel Annual awards’ by Latin Trade Magazine recognized the alliance’s customer-focused achievements in the Latin American and Caribbean region and comes during SkyTeam’s 15th anniversary year.
SkyTeam has a broad network, with 9 members flying across Latin America and the Caribbean. This includes two Latin carriers, AeroMexico and Aerolineas Argentinas, with members Aeroflot, Air France, Air Europa, Alitalia, Delta Air Lines, Korean Air and KLM, providing extensive service to the region from their hubs.
“We are honoured that our efforts to enhance the travel experience and ensure seamless travel for our millions of passengers have been recognized by a leading publication in this region,” said Michael Wisbrun, SkyTeam’s Chief Executive. “This Latin award shows that the many initiatives we have implemented, both in this region and around the world are being acknowledged by customers and industry peers alike as being the best in the business.”
“We are very pleased to present the recognition of 2015 Best Global Alliance to SkyTeam Airline Alliance in Latin Trade’s annual Best of Travel Awards – which represent the most outstanding examples of excellence in the field of business travel for Latin America,” said Maria Gallo, Managing Director Latin America of the Latin Trade Group.
Latin Trade is one of the most influential publications in the Latin America and Caribbean region. The magazine’s Best of Travel Annual Awards 2015 were selected by an editorial board composed of the magazine´s staff and a group of journalists with broad experience in business travel and the airline industry.
In making their decision, the judging panel carefully considered SkyTeam’s recent achievements, which among others include:
- Completing the rollout of SkyPriority, an alliance-wide standard for priority airport services for Elite Plus, First and Business Class passengers at more than 1,000 destinations.
- Opening a third SkyTeam Exclusive Lounge in Sydney, Australia in January this year. Hong Kong SkyTeam exclusive lounge will officially open in the next few weeks, with Dubai and Beijing planned for 2016.
- Rollout of dedicated fast-track security and immigration clearance for top-tier customers at leading airports.
- Roll out of SkyTransfer across top hubs, the program aims to deliver seamless and efficient transfers for passengers and their baggage between member airlines.
- Introduction of Yoga in SkyTeam Lounges and Yoga on the Go available of SkyTeam mobile App, developed to help customers stay fit and healthy on their travels, whether on the ground or at 30,000 feet.
AMSTERDAM, September 21, 2015