June set the tone for summer air traffic with growth placing Bordeaux well ahead in the growth rates for large regional French airports. An excellent trend for Bordeaux, which since the start of the summer season has had:
- record monthly traffic with 524,300 passengers in June
- a record week for passenger numbers with 127,700 passengers during the first week in July and growth of +6.3% (i.e. + 1000 additional passengers/day compared to 2014).
- a record day on 10 July with 22,300 passengers
Most low-cost routes and international hubs are posting positive results. The operation of large-capacity planes by airlines with continuously high filling rates is a further reminder of the great attraction of Bordeaux and the region to international tourists.
Spring has seen the arrival of:
- new airlines: Brussels Airlines/Brussels, Europe Airpost/Vienna, IGavion/Dole-Jura, TwinJet/Lorraine Airport
- new destinations: Prague, Dubrovnik, Corfu and Pisa with Volotea – Athens with Aegean – Glasgow with easyJet
- the strengthening of certain routes: Paris-Charles-de-Gaulle with Air France, Istanbul with Turkish Airlines, Madrid with Iberia, Amsterdam, London Gatwick and Belfast with easyJet, London Stansted with Ryanair
- and the introduction of competition: Vueling/Malaga, Volotea/Brest
A clear boost to results for the airport.