In the current traffic report, you will find the figures for passengers, flights and air cargo for the month of April 2018, as well as for this year so far.
Traffic Figures April 2018
• Passengers: In April 2018, 2.773.079 passengers took off and landed in Schönefeld and Tegel airports. That’s a reduction of 5.1% in comparison with the same month last year. In April, 1,121,914 passengers flew from Schönefeld (+0.9%), and 1,651,165 (-8.8%) from Tegel.
• Flights: The number of flights in Schönefeld and Tegel airports rose in April 2018 to 23,988 take-offs and landings, an increase of 2.5% in comparison to April 2017. In Schönefeld, the number rose to 9,545 (+13.7%). In Tegel, the number of flights sank in April to 14,443 (-3.7%).
• Air cargo: 3,400 tonnes of air cargo were registered at Schönefeld and Tegel airports in April 2018, a reduction of 21.7% in comparison with April 2017. The air cargo in Schönefeld reached 991 tonnes, which is 37.4% more than in April 2017. 2,410 tonnes of air cargo were registered in Tegel (-40.6%).
Traffic figures from January until April 2018
• Passengers: Between January and April, 9,576,571 passengers flew from Schönefeld and Tegel. That’s a reduction of 4.3% in comparison with the previous year. In Schönefeld, 3,947,632 passengers took-off and landed, 1.5% more than in the same period last year. 5,628,939 passengers flew from Tegel last year, which is 8% fewer than in the same period last year.
• Flights: The number of flights in Schönefeld and Tegel sank in the first four months of 2018 to 84,434 take-offs and landings, a reduction of 3% in comparison to the same period the previous year. In Schönefeld, the number rose to 32,434. That’s an increase of 2%. In Tegel, there were 52,000 take-offs and landings, which is 5.9% fewer than in the same period the previous year.
• Air cargo: A total of 12,069 tonnes of air cargo was registered between January and April, a decline of 25.6% when compared to the same period the previous year. In Schönefeld 3,688 tonnes of air cargo was dispatched in these first four months (+26.9%) and 8,381 (-37%) in Tegel.
Traffic statistics can be found online at: