In the current traffic report, you will find the figures for passengers, aircraft movements and air cargo for September 2018 and the period since the beginning of the year.
Traffic figures – September 2018
• Passengers: In September 2018, 3,403,459 passengers took off from and landed at Schönefeld and Tegel. This is an increase of 6.3 per cent compared to the same month last year. In September, 1,136,249 passengers ( 2.8 per cent) flew from Schönefeld, and 2,267,210 passengers (+11.6 per cent) from Tegel.
• Flights: The number of aircraft movements at Schönefeld and Tegel airports rose to 27,625 take-offs and landings in September 2018, an increase of 7.2 per cent compared to September 2017. At Schönefeld, the number of aircraft movements rose to 9,676 (+6.3 per cent). At Tegel, the number of flights rose to 17,949 (+7.7 per cent).
• Air cargo: In September 2018, 3,863 tonnes of air cargo were recorded at Schönefeld and Tegel, 7.6 per cent less than in September 2017. Air cargo in Schönefeld reached 1,071 tonnes (+30.9 per cent). 2,792 tonnes ( 17.0 per cent) of air cargo were recorded at Tegel.
Traffic figures – January to September 2018
• Passengers: From January to September, 25,627,049 passengers flew from Schönefeld and Tegel. This is a decrease of 1.3 per cent compared to the same period last year. 9,705,874 passengers took off from and landed at Schönefeld ( 0.2 Prozent). 15,921,175 passengers ( 1.9 per cent) flew from Tegel.
• Flights: The number of aircraft movements at Schönefeld and Tegel rose to 216,582 take-offs and landings, an increase of 0.5 per cent compared with the same period last year. The number of aircraft movements at Schönefeld rose to 80,221 (+4.4 per cent). 136,361 take-offs and landings ( 1.7 per cent) were recorded at Tegel.
• Air cargo: A total of 30,303 tonnes of air cargo were recorded between January and September, representing a decline of 24.1 per cent compared with the same period last year. 8,922 tonnes of air cargo (+33.2 per cent) were handled at Schönefeld, and 21,381 tonnes at Tegel ( 35.7 per cent).
Traffic statistics can be found online at: