In the first two months of 2017, over 4.5 million passengers flew from Schönefeld and Tegel. That is 8% more than in the same period in 2016. At Schönefeld Airport the number of passengers grew by as much as 16.1% compared to the previous year.
The current traffic report contains the figures for passengers, flights and air cargo for February 2017 as well as the cumulative figures since the start of the year, both with respect to the same period in the previous year.
Traffic figures January to February 2017
- Passengers: from January to February 4,581,286 passengers flew from Schönefeld and Tegel. That is an increase of 8.0% compared to the same period in the previous year. Some 1,811,074 passengers passed through Schönefeld, that is 21.0 % more than in the same period in 2016, whilst the figure for Tegel was 2,770,212 passengers, that is 1.0% more than in the same period in the previous year.
- Flights: the number of flights at Schönefeld and Tegel together increased from January to February 2017 to 41,575 take-offs and landings, an increase of 3.0% compared with the same period in the previous year. At Schönefeld the number of flights grew to 15,252. This represents an increase of 14.9%. Tegel saw 26,323 take-offs and landings, that is 2.7% less than the previous year.
- Air cargo: in total 7,633 tons of air cargo were recorded from January to February, that is an increase of 14.3 % with respect to the same period in the previous year. In the first two months some 1,357 tons of air cargo were processed at Schönefeld (+12.5%), at Tegel the figure was 6,276 tons (+14.7%).
Traffic figures February 2017
- Passengers: in February 2017, 2,312,071 passengers passed through Schönefeld and Tegel. That is an increase of 4.8% over the previous month. In February, 919,252 passengers (+16.1%) flew from Schönefeld, at Tegel the figure was 1,392,819 (-1.5%) passengers.
- Flights: the number of flights at Schönefeld and Tegel sank in February 2017 to 20,329 take-offs and landings, corresponding to a change of -0.7 % compared to the same period in the previous year. At Schönefeld the number of flights grew to 7,517 (+12%). At Tegel, the number of flights sank in February to 12,812 (-6.9 %).
- Air cargo: in February 2017, Schönefeld and Tegel airports recorded 3,740 tons of air cargo, an increase of 13.7% compared to February 2016. At Schönefeld the figure was 608 tons, that is 2.8% less than in February 2016. Tegel recorded 3,132 tons (+17.5%) of air cargo.
Traffic statistics online: