When the 2015 summer flight plan comes into effect, 73 airlines will link Berlin and Brandenburg with 165 destinations in 50 countries. The new summer flight plan will come into effect at Schönefeld and Tegel Airports on 29 March 2015.
New airlines at a glance:
- Jetairfly, the Belgian airline, will commence flights on 18 April from Berlin to Antwerp. The Berlin Tegel – Antwerp route will be served three times a week – on Mondays, Wednesdays and Saturdays.
- As of 24 April, Adria Airways will be flying from Berlin to Ljubljana, the capital of Slovenia. This link will be served regularly on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays.
- As of 2 May, Azal Azerbaijan Airlines will commence its Berlin Tegel – Baku route, with the Azeri airline serving the Berlin-Baku route twice a week.
From Berlin Tegel to the rest of the world:
With 13 domestic flights, 103 European destinations, 12 intercontinental connections, of which 7 are long-haul links, and increased frequencies, the TXL summer flight plan offers excellent international connections. New routes:
- As of 13 April, airberlin, the airline with the largest market share in Berlin, will be expanding its route network to include two destinations: the airline will take off three times a day from Berlin Tegel to Prague. With another five links at the weekend, airberlin will offer 20 flights per week from Berlin to the Czech capital. Billund in Denmark will be served daily from Berlin as of 13 April. Both destinations have optimum links to the Berlin Tegel hub. Passengers can avail of connections within the international airberlin route network. airberlin is also increasing the number of flights to Gdansk, Graz and Warsaw. As of 23 May, the airline will fly to Rimini once a week.
- Estonian Air has been flying to Berlin since 14 March, offering three links a week between the Estonian capital Tallinn and Berlin.
- Alitalia is also expanding its route network: the Italian airline also flies from Berlin to Pisa twice a week. In a code share with airberlin, Alitalia links the German capital with Milan, Venice and Rome.
- As of 1 April, the Dutch Transavia airline will be offering a new link from Berlin Tegel to Rotterdam, serving the route six times a week.
- Germanwings will be flying to Palermo and Izmir from Berlin Tegel, serving Palermo twice a week as of 4 April and Izmir twice a week as of 5 May.
- The Latvian airline AirBaltic will commence flights from Tegel to Tallinn as of 6 May, offering four flights a week to the Estonian capital.
- Vueling is also expanding its route network from Berlin: the airline’s flight plan is to include Berlin Tegel to Santiago de Compostela as of 28 June.
Variety of European destinations from Berlin Schönefeld:
The summer flight plan will see a total of 25 airlines departing from Berlin Schönefeld. Passengers can choose between 70 European and ten intercontinental destinations. The following routes are new:
- The Irish airline Ryanair will offer two new routes from Berlin Schönefeld: as of 29 March, the airline will connect Berlin and Madrid twice a day, with Schönefeld-Palermo to be added as of 3 April offering twice-weekly flights to Palermo. As of late October, Ryanair will open a new base where it will station five B737-800 aircraft. A total of 22 routes will be served from Berlin Schönefeld, including 16 new ones.
- As of 31 March, easyJet will link Berlin Schönefeld with Cyprus. Larnaca, a port city in the south-west of the Mediterranean island, is to be served twice a week.
- The Berlin airline Germania is to expand its flights in the summer flight plan to include five new destinations from Berlin Schönefeld. The airline has already been linking Teheran with Berlin and Brandenburg since 22 February. When the summer flight plan comes into effect, these flights will depart on Mondays and Fridays. The airline has also been offering a new link from Berlin Schönefeld to Paphos since 25 March. Germania will be taking off for Ibiza as of 1 May. And the airline will be including Enfidha in its flight plan a day later, on 2 May. With Djerba, another Tunisian destination is to be served by the Berlin-based airline as of 5 May.