In the current traffic report, you will find the figures for passengers, flights and air cargo for the month of February 2018, as well as for this year so far.
Traffic figures February 2018
• Passengers: In February 2018, 2,172,286 passengers took off and landed in Schönefeld and Tegel airports. That’s a reduction of 6% in comparison to the February 2017. Compared to January 2017, in January 2018 there were 11.6% fewer passengers. 893,164 passengers (-2.8%) flew from Schönefeld in February, and 1,279,122 (-8.2%) from Tegel. In January 2018 compared to the same month of the previous year, there were declines of 1.2% in Schönefeld and 18.3% in Tegel.
• Flights: The number of flights in Schönefeld and Tegel airport in February 2018 sank to 19,343 take-offs and landings, a reduction of 4.9% in comparison to February 2017. The decline in January was still 11.5%. In Schönefeld, the number of flights sank to 7,231 (-3.8%). In Tegel, the number of flights in February sank to 12,112 (-5.5%). In comparison, the January figures for 2018 to 2017 showed a decline of 5% in Schönefeld and 15.2% in Tegel.
• Air cargo: 2,684 tonnes of air cargo was registered at Schönefeld and Tegel airports in February 2018, a reduction of 28.2% compared to February 2017. The air cargo in Schönefeld reached 824 tonnes, which is 35.6% more than in February 2017. 1,860 tonnes of air cargo was registered in Tegel (-40.6%).
Traffic figures from January until February 2018
• Passengers: In January and February, 4,178,501 passengers flew from Schönefeld and Tegel. That’s a reduction of 8.8% in comparison to last year. In Schönefeld 1,774,483 passengers took off and landed, 2% fewer than in the same period last year. 2,404,018 passengers flew from Tegel, 13.2% fewer than in the same period last year.
• Flights: The number of flights in Schönefeld and Tegel sank to 38,147 take-offs and landings in the first two months of 2018, a decrease of 8.2% in comparison to the same period last year. In Schönefeld the number of flights sank to 14,582. That’s a decrease of 4.4%. In Tegel, there were 23,565 take-offs and landings, which is 10.5% fewer than in the same period last year.
• Air cargo: A total of 5,445 tonnes of air cargo was registered between January and February, a decline of 28.7% when compared to the same period of the previous year. In Schönefeld, 1,671 tonnes of air cargo was dispatched in the first two months (+23.2%) and 3,774 tonnes in Tegel (-39.9%).