Man detained after bomb threat at Amsterdam Schiphol airport on New Year’s Eve

0
219

Departure Hall 3 at Amsterdam’s Schiphol airport was briefly evacuated on New Year’s Eve, Monday evening, after a man claimed to have a bomb.

The Dutch Royal Military Police said a man at Schiphol Plaza had threatened people with a knife.

The force later said its officers had overpowered the man and that the terminal had re-opened. The detained man was a 51-year-old Canadian and no explosives were found, it said.

The national police said in a statement that the man had been arrested and departure hall 3 had been cleared as a “precautionary measure“.

Normal operations at the airport have resumed shortly thereafter.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.