According to Austrian Aviation, Wizz Air is going to open 8 new routes from its Austrian base of Vienna between July and October.
The Hungarian low-cost adds destinations from Vienna between July and October with 8 new European routes to:
- Brussels South Charleroi Airport, on Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Saturday and Sunday, to be launched from 1 July (See comment hereunder)
- Tallinn, on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday, to be launched from 2 July.
- Rhodes, on Thursday and Sunday, to be launched from 2 July.
- Heraklion, on Thursday and Sunday, to be launched from 2 July.
- Burgas, on Monday and Friday, to be launched from 3 July.
- Constanta, on Monday and Friday, to be launched from 3 July.
- Zakynthos, on Tuesday and Saturday, to be launched from 4 July.
- Marrakesh, on Thursday and Sunday, to be launched from 27 October.
The Brussels South Charleroi route will be the 14th Wizz Air route from the Belgian airport. The airline’s Airbus A321neo, with capacity for 230 people, will be leaving Vienna at 13.30 and landing at Brussels-Charleroi at approximately 15.20. The return flight to the Austrian capital will depart at 15.50, landing at Vienna-Schwechat at 17.40.
Philippe VERDONCK, Chief Executive Officer of Brussels South Charleroi Airport, announces: « We are very grateful to Wizz Air for its confidence in us and the launch of this new route from its Austrian base. Despite this complex situation, it is important to think about tomorrow and future developments. The announcement of a new line is a positive sign and encourages us to roll up our sleeves and carry on preparing for a successful resumption of activities. »