September 2016 TRAFFIC STATISTICS:
WIZZ AIR GROWS PASSENGER NUMBERS BY 18%
Wizz Air Holdings Plc (“Wizz Air”), the largest low-cost airline in Central and Eastern Europe, today announces passenger statistics for September 2016.
In September 2016, Wizz Air continued to expand its network and strengthen its customer offering with the following announcements:
- The openning of Wizz Air’s 25th operating base in Kutaisi, Georgia.
- The commencement of 10 new routes to/from Georgia (x7), Hungary (x2), and Lithuania (x1).
- Fleet expansion with the basing of 2 new aircraft in Budapest and Katowice from early 2017.
- The announcement of 17 new routes to/from Romania (x4), Poland (x7), Hungary (x4) and Bulgaria (x2).
- Expansion of its network to 129 airports with 4 new destinations on sale to/from Satu Mare in Romania, Eilat in Israel, Faro in Portugal, and Lamezia Terme in Italy.
|Month||Rolling 12 months to:|
|September2016||September 2015||Change||30 September 2016||30 September 2015||Change|
**rounded to one decimal place
04. October, 2016