- An Airbus A319 aircraft to be based in Lyon, creating 25 direct jobs
- In 2020, Volotea will offer 18 destinations (six exclusive) to become the third airline in number of destinations
Volotea, the airline of mid and small-sized European cities, continues its development in Lyon airport, its new base, and launches 10 new routes: Athens, Bilbao, Bari, Caen, Corfu, Faro, Heraklion, Malaga, Santorini and Venice. The airline offers more than 300,000 seats for 18 destinations.
Since Volotea started its operations in Lyon in April 2018, has carried 152,600 passengers. Volotea will open its sixth base in France during spring of 2020. To support the operations, an Airbus A319 will be based at the airport, so the airline will create 25 local jobs for the operations.
This new base will allow Volotea to continue its growth in Lyon-Saint Exupéry airport. Volotea offers more than 300,000 seats in 2020, up 142% year-on-year.
In 2020, Volotea will offer 18 destinations, 10 out of which are new and 6 are exclusive:
– Venice, from 14th October 2019, with 4 flights per week and 26,600 seats.
– Bilbao, from 6th April 2020 – exclusive route – Mondays and Fridays, with 16,200 seats.
– Malaga, from 13th April 2020, Mondays and Fridays, with 17,300 seats.
– Bari, from 13th April 2020, – exclusive route – Mondays and Thursdays, and 17,600 seats.
– Athens, from 13th April 2020, Wednesdays and Saturdays, with 17,600 seats.
– Faro, from 13th April 2020, Mondays and Thursdays, with 18,000 seats.
– Caen, from 6th April 2020, Mondays and Fridays, with 18,000 seats.
– Corfu, from 13th April 2020, Sundays (from April to June) and Tuesdays and Sundays (from July to August), with 11,400 seats.
– Heraklion, from 13th April 2020, Saturdays, with 9,000 seats.
– Santorini, from 20th April 2020 – exclusive route- Wednesdays with 8,600 seats.
“We are very pleased to strengthen the presence of Volotea in France and to open next year our 6th French base in Lyon. This new base allows us to accelerate our development at Lyon-Saint-Exupéry airport with 10 new destinations, additional offers for travellers from Lyon and the Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes region. We will create 25 local jobs and our recruitment will start shortly in Lyon.” Carlos Muñoz, Founder and CEO of Volotea stated.
« We are proud to welcome the new VOLOTEA base in Lyon and to reinforce our long term partnership with this VINCI Airports network major partner. We make every effort to ensure the operational performance for VOLOTEA and the best experience for our common passengers. This establishment will contribute to the attractiveness of Lyon and its region, in France and in Europe » stated Tanguy Bertolus, CEO of Lyon Airport.
Volotea will base an Airbus A319 and will create 25 local jobs; the airline will soon start the recruitment process.
These new routes will increase by 160,000 seats the current offer. In addition, Volotea doubles the number of seats available to Majorca and adds additional seats in 2020 on flights to Split and Valencia. These new destinations and the six exclusive destinations offered by Volotea, enhance the connectivity of the airport with direct flights to European destinations.
In 2020, Volotea will offer from Lyon a total of 18 destinations: Caen, Alicante, Athens, Bari, Bilbao, Cagliari, Corfu, Dubrovnik, Faro, Heraklion, Malaga, Majorca, Palermo, Prague, Santorini, Split, Valencia and Venice.
November 21st, 2019