82% of consumers fooled into thinking eDreams website is Ryanair.com

0
133

INDEPENDENT RESEARCH CONFIRMS CUSTOMERS ARE BEING MISLED BY EDREAMS

Ryanair, Europe’s favourite airline, today (19 Oct) released the results of an independent survey which revealed that 82% of consumers thought the eDreams website was in fact operated by Ryanair.

The Red C poll of more than 2,000 UK adults conducted last week asked participants to identify the company operating the eDreams website (below), with some 82% of respondents stating that the site was operated by Ryanair, and just 8% stating it was run by eDreams.

Furthermore, only 10% of participants said they were sure that the website wasn’t operated by Ryanair, with the remaining 90% saying they were somewhat sure that the site was operated by Ryanair.

Ryanair reiterated its calls for eDreams to stop misleading customers with deceptive branding, false fares and hidden fees, and for Google to enforce greater transparency to prevent screenscraper websites such as eDreams from misleading customers into thinking they are booking flights with Ryanair.

Ryanair’s Kenny Jacobs said:

“Since we’ve started our campaign to “Avoid eDreams Nightmares”, we have had some positive results. Edreams no longer displays as the first search term on Google in Ireland, but this is still the case in the UK.We commissioned Red C to conduct an independent survey and of the 2,051 UK adults survey an overwhelming 82% thought the eDreams site was Ryanair’s, with only 10% stating they were sure that it had no connection to Ryanair.

We have had an overwhelming response from customers sharing their eNightmares with us and we’ve have been able to show them exactly how to complain to Google about this type of advertisingWe are asking all affected customers to direct their formal complaints to Google to stop them selling this ad space to eDreams and to stop eDreams misleading customers.

Customers can use this link and also send their complaints to avoidedreams@ryanair.com and we’ll provide further assistance.”

19/10/2015

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.