- TWO BRAND NEW DESTINATIONS FOR SUMMER 20 – Zadar (Croatia) and Preveza (Greece)
- A total of 19 NEW ROUTES and almost 13 MILLION SEATS on sale for Summer 20
- Over 1,250 weekly flights operating to 60 destinations from across nine UK bases during peak periods for Summer 20
With UK airlines continuing to operate flights between the UK and the EU just as in previous years, Jet2.com and Jet2holidays has announced details of its full Summer 20 programme, including TWO BRAND NEW DESTINATIONS – Zadar (Croatia) and Preveza (Greece) – and 19 NEW ROUTES on sale from across nine UK bases.
This programme represents almost 13 million seats on sale, yet another year of growth for the UK’s third largest airline and second largest tour operator. With more flights and holidays to the most popular sun and city destinations in Europe, as well as the addition of two fantastic brand new destinations, the programme gives holidaymakers more choice and flexibility than ever before.
From May through to early November, the company will operate flights and holidays to Preveza (Greece) from three of its UK bases – Birmingham, London Stansted and Manchester – with four weekly flights and more than 35,000 seats on sale to this stunning destination in total.
The launch of brand new Preveza, gives holidaymakers access to the Epirus region which offers holidaymakers everything from 60km of beautiful beaches to enchanting history and exciting nightlife. Linked to the Greek mainland by Greece’s first undersea tunnel, this charming region opens up sensational seaside destinations you see on picturesque postcards including Preveza itself, Parga and Lefkada – all of which are as popular with the Greeks as they are with visitors from further afield. The addition of Preveza is the company’s ninth destination in Greece adding to the increasingly popular destinations of Corfu, Crete (Heraklion), Crete (Chania), Kefalonia, Kos, Rhodes, Thessaloniki and Zante.
Jet2.com and Jet2holidays’ second new destination for Summer 20 is Zadar in Croatia, which is now on sale from London Stansted and Manchester Airports. With twice-weekly flights on sale from both bases from May through to early November, this represents more than 30,000 seats in total.
Zadar, located on the spectacular Dalmatian Coast, is one of Croatia’s most dynamic and exciting towns, and is a showcase of Roman and Venetian remnants, with religious buildings and churches, pretty promenades, lush lagoons and mighty monasteries.
With a fantastic range of 2-5 star hotels on sale, holidaymakers can soak up the sun or take a wander along the pretty promenades, before visiting the finest venues for some delicious wine tasting. The addition of Zadar means that the company now operates to four destinations in Croatia, with existing services already operating to Dubrovnik, Split and Pula.
In addition to the launch of these two brand new destinations (representing five new routes), there are another 14 other new routes launching for Summer 20. These are:
- Belfast International – brand new weekly service to Izmir in Turkey
- Birmingham – brand new routes to Budapest (twice weekly services), Kefalonia (weekly service), Nice (three weekly services) and Murcia (twice weekly services)
- East Midlands – brand new weekly services to Izmir and La Rochelle
- Edinburgh – brand new weekly service to Izmir in Turkey
- Glasgow – brand new routes to Costa de Almeria (weekly) and Krakow (twice weekly)
- Newcastle – brand new weekly service to Kos
- London Stansted – brand new routes to Murcia (three weekly services), as well as Bergerac and La Rochelle (both weekly services)
To support this huge Summer 20 programme, the company will operate over 100 aircraft – including its fleet of 34 brand new Boeing 737-800 NG aircraft, the last of which was delivered to the company in January 2019.
Steve Heapy, CEO of Jet2.com and Jet2holidays said: “The UK Government has confirmed that flights to our EU holiday destinations will continue just as last year, providing assurance that, whatever the outcome of Brexit, holidaymakers can continue to book holidays with confidence. On the back of that, we are delighted to be announcing even more good news, with the launch of our biggest ever Summer programme for 2020, giving holidaymakers and independent travel agents even more choice and flexibility than ever before.
“With 19 brand new routes, two brand new destinations in Preveza and Zadar, and almost 13 million seats on sale in total, this is a programme that we are very proud of. As the UK’s third largest airline and second-largest tour operator, we look forward to taking more Britons away on their well-deserved holidays with our award-winning airline and package holiday business, and we are confident that the unique benefits that we deliver, such as ATOL protection, a low £60 per person deposit and our famously friendly VIP service, stands us in great stead for a successful Summer 20.”
Key highlights across the company’s nine UK bases include:
- 24 destinations including NEW destination Izmir (Turkey)
- Over 480,000 seats available
- More seats on sale to sunshine favourites Palma (Majorca), Malaga, Malta and Reus (Costa Dorada).
- MAGNIFICENT FIVE NEW destinations: Kefalonia (Greece), Nice (France), Murcia (Spain), Budapest (Hungary) and Preveza (Greece).
- 45 destinations on sale meaning almost 1.9million seats available, a 11% capacity increase
- Daily and multiple daily flights to the most popular sunshine hotspots including Malaga, Alicante, Faro, Palma (Majorca) and Ibiza, as well as additional services to Greece, Cyprus, Turkey and the Canary Islands.
- 35 destinations including BRAND NEW Izmir (Turkey) and La Rochelle (France)
- Over 1 million seats available for the biggest holiday operator at East Midlands
- Larger Boeing 737-800 aircraft comes into fleet to support growth during peak season at East Midlands Airport
- 33 destinations including BRAND NEW destination Izmir (Turkey)
- More than 850,000 seats available and over 80 peak weekly flights, a capacity increase of 7%
- Canary Islands – up to 12 weekly services to Tenerife, Gran Canaria, Fuerteventura and Lanzarote, with additional Tenerife frequency
- TWO BRAND NEW DESTINATIONS! Costa de Almeria (Spain) and Krakow (Poland)
- 34 destinations and over 1 million seats on sale, representing a capacity increase of 4%
- Turkey – more services to Dalaman (now five weekly services) and Antalya (now four weekly services), in addition to weekly Bodrum and Izmir services means plenty more choice in response to demand for Turkish sunshine.
- ALMOST 2 MILLION SEATS to 49 destinations on sale!
- More than 200 peak weekly flights to favourite sun and city destinations across Europe, the Mediterranean and the Canary Islands
- Daily, double-daily and three flights daily flights to Malaga, Alicante, Faro, Palma (Majorca) and Ibiza as well as four weekly services to both Larnaca and Paphos in Cyprus.
- FIVE MAGNIFICENT NEW DESTINATIONS! Murcia (Spain), Bergerac and La Rochelle (France), Preveza (Greece) and Zadar (Croatia)
- OVER 2 MILLION SEATS to 41 destinations on sale for Summer 20
- More flights and holidays to destinations such as the Balearic Islands, Canary Islands, Mainland Spain, the Algarve, Greece, Cyprus and Turkey.
- TWO BRAND NEW DESTINATIONS! Preveza (Greece) and Zadar (Croatia)
- 48 destinations and ALMOST 3 MILLION SEATS available
- More flights and holidays to popular destinations such as Spain, Portugal, Canary Islands, Balearic Islands, Greece and Turkey
- 33 destinations including BRAND NEW destination Kos!
- OVER 1 MILLION SEATS available
- Daily services to sunshine favourites Palma (Majorca), Malaga, Alicante and Faro
17th June 2019