– More capacity at Glasgow Airport means another summer of growth for the leading leisure airline and package holiday specialist, as UK Government confirms flights will continue as before
– Over ONE MILLION seats going on sale at Glasgow Airport to meet demand
– Includes BRAND NEW SUMMER DESTINATIONS OF COSTA DE ALMERIA & KRAKOW
34 destinations on sale from Glasgow Airport for Summer 20
On the back of the welcome news that UK airlines will be able to continue to operate flights between the UK and the EU, Jet2.com and Jet2holidays are bringing even more good news to holidaymakers in Glasgow and Scotland, with the announcement of TWO BRAND NEW SUMMER DESTINATIONS – Costa de Almeria and Krakow – as part of its Summer 20 programme from Glasgow Airport, which is going on sale today.
The leading leisure airline and package holiday specialist has put flights and holidays on sale to 34 destinations from Glasgow Airport for Summer 20. The addition of more capacity means over ONE MILLION seats are going on sale today.
As well as giving holidaymakers more choice and flexibility when choosing flights and holidays to their favourite destinations across Europe, the Mediterranean and the Canary Islands next summer, the addition of Costa de Almeria and Krakow come in response to demand for great value package holidays and city breaks to the two destinations.
With a weekly Sunday service operating to Costa de Almeria from May to October, customers can enjoy one of Spain’s best-kept secrets, with sugar-cube villages, rugged desert landscapes and oodles of unspoiled beaches. Holidaymakers can take their pick from a number of resorts, such as family friendly Roquetas de Mar, historic Mojacar, or the relaxed havens of Aguadaluce and El Toyo.
The company’s second new summer route is Krakow, with services operating on Mondays and Fridays, perfectly timed for a long weekend to Poland’s second biggest city, which is both super-cool and packed with culture.
Just last week, Jet2.com won Airline of the Year at the Annual Glasgow Airport Awards for the second year running, and this announcement comes in response to continued demand for great value package holidays from holidaymakers in Glasgow and Scotland. With more services and frequencies, they are spoilt for choice when it comes to where and when they would like to getaway, with more flexible durations available.
Other key highlights on the company’s Summer 20 programme from Glasgow Airport include:
- Almost 100 departing weekly flights during peak periods.
- Canary Islands – up to 15 weekly services to Tenerife, Gran Canaria, Fuerteventura and Lanzarote.
- Turkey – more services to Dalaman (now five weekly services) and Antalya (now four weekly services), in addition to weekly Bodrum and Izmir services means plenty more choice in response to demand for Turkish sunshine.
- Daily or double-daily services to sunshine favourites Palma (Majorca) (11 services every week) and Alicante (nine weekly services), as well as great choice and flexibility to Malaga (six weekly services), Faro (six weekly services), and Ibiza (five weekly services).
- Plenty more choice to Spain and its islands, with three weekly services to Reus (Costa Dorada), and two weekly services to Barcelona, Girona (Costa Brava) and Menorca.
- Greece – Eight weekly services to Greece, including three weekly services to Crete (Heraklion), two weekly services to Rhodes and a weekly service to Zante, Kos and Corfu.
- Cyprus – two weekly services Paphos and a weekly service to Larnaca.
- Bourgas (Bulgaria) – popularity of new for Summer 19 destination means continuation of weekly Tuesday service.
- Croatia – weekly service to Dubrovnik.
- Italy – two weekly services to Rome as well as a weekly service to Naples.
Steve Heapy, CEO of Jet2.com and Jet2holidays said: “The UK Government has confirmed that flights to our EU holiday destinations will continue just as last year, providing assurance that, whatever the outcome of Brexit, holidaymakers can continue to book holidays with confidence. On the back of that we are delighted to be announcing even more good news, thanks to this exciting summer programme from Glasgow Airport. With 34 fantastic destinations to choose from, including brand new Costa de Almeria and Krakow, we are once again demonstrating our commitment to the base and to our customers. With more choice and flexibility for customers and independent travel agents to choose from with our award winning airline and tour operator, we are confident that this summer programme will be a huge hit.”
Paul White, Head of Aviation at Glasgow Airport, said: “The introduction of these two routes to Jet2.com’s Summer 2020 programme is brilliant news. Krakow is a very popular route with Scottish travellers and the introduction of this new service to Poland’s second largest city brings even greater choice for our passengers. We’re also thrilled to see the return of services to Costa de Almeria – one of southern Spain’s hidden gems and a gateway to some of the country’s most popular costal destinations.”
Earlier this year, the award-winning airline Jet2.com took delivery of the last of 34 brand new Boeing 737-800 aircraft, taking its fleet size to 100. The company continues to win a number of awards for its VIP customer service, with Jet2holidays customers having a choice of thousands of 2-5 star hotels, Jet2.com flights, an industry leading 22kg baggage allowance and airport transfers included, all for a low £60 per person deposit.
9th May 2019