- New Velázquez Premium Lounge is now bigger and offer more services.
- Located in T4 Satellite building, it can accommodate up to 500 customers at a time.
- Unlimited Wi-Fi connection, furniture with USB charging ports throughout the room, and coming soon Smart Touch TV informing of services available at all times.
- Larger, improved restaurant areas with services for every taste and need. Cold and hot buffets are available as well as a traditional restaurant. A Health Point is soon to come, and coffee and tea are served in several different areas.
- A “Vinothècque” offers a selection of 22 exquisite Spanish regional wines –13 reds, eight whites, and one rosé.
- The rest zone features chaise-longues, and there are six large shower cabins with all the amenities.
- A special area for children offers television, traditional games, and games consoles.
Iberia has completely refurbished its Velázquez Lounge at Madrid airport T4, where its hub is based, 2,500 square meters of premium lounge space with spectacular views of both take-off and landing runways at Madrid’s airport. “From now on, to rest, to work, to enjoy a refreshment, or calmly wait for your flight to be called have a new meaning; we have made improvements to everything, with special attention to connectivity and food service, for an unrivalled customer experience,” says Gabriel Perdiguero, Iberia’s Customer and Business Transformation director.
The lounge, in the T4 Satellite building of Madrid Airport, was expanded by 25% to 2,500 square meters, and all customer services have been improved to meet all possible needs of up to 500 passengers at a time –the exclusive space is now used by some 1,200 people each day
Connectivity in Every Corner
The remodeled lounge is an ideal place for getting work done, with USB charging ports embedded in lounge chairs and restaurant tables for charging all type of electronic devices.
There is also an open work area where meetings can be held while awaiting flights.
Technology is also transforming the meal service. In the next few days, touch-screen tablet computers are to be installed in the buffet area to supply the latest information about the food and beverage offering, along with recommendations –for example, customers may be invited to “try our healthful rustic salad”.
Food service is the central focus of the new space, with larger, improved restaurant and buffet areas which adapt to the different times of day and night, while always accommodating the biological clocks of long-distance travellers. Customers can be served in a conventional sit-down restaurant or serve themselves from hot and cold buffets. Both Spanish and international fare –including sushi—are available.
Coming soon to the new space is a “Health Point” for customers seeking the most wholesome food.
To accompany their meals, passenger can choose from 22 of Spain’s most exquisite regional wines –13 reds, eight whites, and one rosé – also available at the 70 sq.m “vinothècque”. There is also a wide selection of beers and liquors.
The lounge also features several areas where coffee and tea are served.
Spaces for All
Nothing makes a traveller feel more refreshed or at home than a good shower, and Iberia’s new Velázquez Premium Lounge is equipped with six large and lavishly equipped shower booths, with all the amenities.
The main rest area features chaise-longues on which weary travellers can stretch out for a proper nap between flights.
Children have their own entertainment zone in the lounge, with child-sized furnishings and traditional games, plus television and game consoles.
Customers and Business Transformation director, Gabriel Perdiguero commented, “The new Velázquez Premium Lounge represents another advance towards our objective of making continuous improvements to our customer services, giving our passengers the most enjoyable travel experience when they fly with Iberia”.
The new Iberia Premium Lounge Velázquez is open 24/7.