Due to the nation-wide demonstration by Finnish labour unions on Friday, Finnair will have to cancel 16 domestic flights. Finnair intends to fly all its other flights, but considerable delays on flights can be expected on Friday, due to the limited operational capability of the airport.
Finnair has over 350 flights on Friday September 18, and 15 of these are now cancelled. Finnair will also cancel one flight from Thursday. Additional cancellations are still possible during Friday, and information on those will be updated at http://www.finnair.com/int/gb/flights/flightlist. Finnair communicates flight cancellations to customers also via short messages and email.
The most significant bottle neck to the operations of Helsinki-Vantaa airport on Friday will be the transportation services to the apron, which according to the Transport Workers’ Union AKT will be stopped during 06:00-22:00 EET. This slows down the transportation of passengers to the aircraft.
“We are extremely sorry about the trouble and uncertainty this situation causes our customers. We will do our best to get our customers to their destinations as planned. I want to thank our customers for their patience and understanding in this difficult situation,” says Janne Tarvainen, Head of Operational Control Center, Finnair.
On Tuesday September 15, Finnair offered customers the possibility to change their flights away from Friday. When a flight is cancelled, Finnair tries to look for alternative flights, but rerouting options are unfortunately limited. Customers can also apply for a full refund for a cancelled flight.
Flights cancelled on Thursday September 17:
AY573 21:35 Helsinki – Jyväskylä
Flights cancelled on Friday September 18:
AY221 10:20 Helsinki – Turku
AY271 10: 25 Helsinki – Tampere
AY571 16:00 Helsinki – Jyväskylä
AY265 16:10 Helsinki – Tampere
AY225 16:15 Helsinki – Turku
AY489 16:20 Helsinki – Joensuu
AY315 18:15 Helsinki – Vaasa
AY576 07:30 Jyväskylä – Helsinki
AY222 11:15 Turku – Helsinki
AY272 11:25 Tampere – Helsinki
AY266 17:05 Tampere- Helsinki
AY226 17:10 Turku – Helsinki
AY572 17.10 Jyväskylä – Helsinki
AY490 17:40 Joensuu – Helsinki
AY316 19:35 Vaasa- Helsinki
Finnair advises customers as follows:
- Check if your flight is on the list of cancelled flights
- Customers who are travelling with Finnair on September 17-19, 2015 can change their travel dates free of charge, following instructions given at http://www.finnair.com/info
- Please make sure that you have the correct mobile number and other contact information in your reservation.
- If a flight is cancelled, customers can change their travel date to an earlier or later date, get rerouted when possible, or seek a refund for the ticket price.
- We advise customers to reserve enough time to get to Helsinki Airport on Friday, as the demonstration has impacts on public transportation as well as on transportation services near the airport.
- Please travel with hand baggage only on Friday, if possible, especially during 1100-1300 EET.
Published: 2015-09-16 14:56 EET