On Saturday 7 and Sunday 8 January 2017, Air France will celebrate the first flights of its Boeing 787 through four discovery flights around France and its legendary landmarks.
7 January at 8:30 am: Corsica and the Mediterranean – flight AF787
7 January at 1:30 pm: Southwest – Gascony – flight AF789
8 January at 8:30 am: Brittany – flight AF787
8 January at 1:30 pm: Tour of France – flight AF789
For these exceptional flights, Air France has created a very special programme offering customers and aviation enthusiasts an unforgettable moment. On board, passengers taking part in this exclusive event will enjoy the best of Air France inside the latest travel cabins where they will be treat to a special meal accompanied by Champagne. There will be an in-flight commentary given by Bernard Chabbert, an expert journalist from the world of aviation, and all passengers will leave with gifts and souvenirs sporting the colours of the Air France Dreamliner.
THE AIR FRANCE BOEING 787 STRIKES A POSE WITH ITS CUSTOMERS
The entry of a new aircraft in the Air France fleet is an event that marks the company’s history. Loyal to French culture and innovation, Air France is celebrating the arrival of its first Boeing 787 surrounded by talented artists. The first one, Sacha Goldberger, a renowned photographer will be taking an exclusive photo shoot at the foot of the aircraft. He will immortalize the passengers before they board, representing them as heroes in front of the Dreamliner.
Thanks to in-flight Wi-Fi, some of the most inspiring Instagrammers around today will share their unique experience of these flights live from above the clouds on social media networks.
Finally, Air France will also invite customers of the inaugural flights to share their best photos on their social networks in an attempt to win a return trip in Business class to Montreal, one of the 787’s first destinations, as from 1st May 2017.
PATROUILLE DE FRANCE PAYS TRIBUTE TO THE AIR FRANCE DREAMLINER
An initial flight reserved for the media and Air France staff flew over France this morning. While overflying the neighbouring region of Toulouse and Albi, the Patrouille de France met up in the air with the latest addition to the Air France fleet. In line with tradition, the Alphajets flew underneath the Air France Boeing 787, releasing trails of red, white and blue smoke in tribute to France’s national flag.
ON BOARD THE BOEING 787 – THE BEST OF AIR FRANCE
For Air France customers, the Boeing 787 has many assets –
– the latest Air France cabins – a cocoon in the sky in the Business cabin (30 seats), and comfort for all in the new Premium Economy cabin (21 seats) and in Economy (225 seats);
– a Wi-Fi connection on board adapted to the requirements and habits of customers (from 20MB to 200MB for a price ranging between €5 and €30);
– additional comfort and space with the new Premium Economy seats;
– windows that are approximately 30% larger than on similar aircraft;
– a lower cabin altitude and enhanced in-flight humidity levels for greater travel comfort.
MANY OPERATIONAL ASSETS
This new-generation aircraft has many operational assets including –
– fuel consumption reduced by about 20% compared with previous-generation aircraft, an asset that reduces the effects of a new increase in the price of fuel;
– a significant reduction in CO2 emissions (around 20%) and noise emissions.