3,240 seats for the summer season, from 3 July until 28 August 2018, with one flight a week on Tuesdays
This great news comes alongside an expansion of its other two routes, Ajaccio- Brussels Charleroi and Bastia-Brussels Charleroi, which were launched last year.
After the fantastic success enjoyed during the summer of 2017 (end of March 2017 until end of October 2017), Air Corsica is continuing to grow: it is extending these two routes until January 2019, so almost three extra months, and has increased the frequency as well. This represents an increase of 26,960 seats compared with 2017.
In total, 84,960 seats are available for summer 2018 and winter 2019, shared between the three Corsican airports (Ajaccio, Bastia, Calvi) and Brussels Charleroi.
Flights are provided by 180-seater Airbus A320s, and the journey to Belgium takes 1hr40.
Developing routes between Corsica and Brussels Charleroi over three years
Air Corsica has put together a programme designed to expand to cover the whole year. The plan is in place over three years, with an ambitious commitment to expansion. Identified as the “Corsican ambassador”, it:
– operated with 58,000 seats in the first year from March to October 2017,
– has operated with 84,960 seats since 28 March 2018 until January 2019,
– will make the destination available all year round for the third year, starting in April 2019.
A truly dynamic innovation: attractive in terms of frequency, prices and services
Air Corsica is offering an innovative programme in two ways: Brussels Charleroi-Corsica and Corsica-Brussels Charleroi, ensuring real flexibility and making it more appealing to enjoy a holiday even in the autumn.
Thanks to the choice of days and the timeslots, Air Corsica is encouraging short and long-stay combinations. As well as this, the high level of frequency makes it easier to mix and match the airports to make the most of the whole Île de Beauté.
For example, a Belgian tourist can fly into Ajaccio and depart from Bastia or Calvi, etc…
These options are accompanied by an attractive, competitive pricing policy, including free added extras:
- A starting price of €39 including all taxes one-way (amendable, without any penalties in the same booking class).
- Services included: 23kg of hold baggage (doubled depending on the booking class), 12kg of cabin baggage + 1 handbag, hot and cold drinks and light refreshments served onboard, daily newspaper and magazine provided onboard, online check-in and choice of seats, help for children travelling alone (UMs) as well as people with reduced mobility (PRM), telephone sales support 7 days a week, no fees on the website http://www.aircorsica.com, whatever credit card you use.
Hervé PIERRET, Member of Air Corsica’s Executive Board, explains: “We are thrilled with our arrival at Brussels-Charleroi Airport, as the results have exceeded our expectations, with an occupancy rate of nearly 90%. They are also the result of an excellent working relationship between the teams at Brussels-Charleroi Airport and our own. Air Corsica is very happy to be able to expand its services for 2018, by extending the season until January 2019 and adding a new route from Calvi, as well as consolidating its ties with its Belgian compatriots to help them discover everything the island has to offer, even through into the latter part of the year.”
Jean-Jacques CLOQUET, the CEO of Brussels South Charleroi Airport, is delighted with this announcement: “The Corsican airline is growing at Charleroi. Air Corsica is one of the airport’s finest successes. From the moment it arrived on the tarmac at BSCA, we realised that the demand was there. With all of its appeal for tourists, Corsica boasts enormous potential for Belgian travellers as well as those from neighbouring countries. Thanks to these links between the Île de Beauté and our country, we can give travellers the opportunity, thanks to Air Corsica, to go and explore the island, at low costs and hassle-free.”
3 July 2018