THE AIRLINE HAS REVEALED IT IS TO LAUNCH A NEW DIRECT LINK BETWEEN BORDEAUX AND MONTREAL IN JUNE 2019
Air Canada today announced the launch of a new seasonal flight between Bordeaux and Montreal, which will operate from 15 June to 15 September 2019.
Four weekly flights are planned for the Boeing 737 MAX 8 aircraft, enabling Bordeaux to benefit at the same time from access to Air Canada’s vast North-American network via links to most of the major American cities, including New York, Boston and Philadelphia, as well as simplified travel to Los Angeles, San Francisco and Dallas.
“By offering a new direct transatlantic route from Bordeaux, the fifth French city to join its network, Air Canada is strengthening its competitive stance in France. Our unique offer of four weekly flights on the Bordeaux-Montreal route will make us the carrier proposing the highest number of flights between the two cities. This will give travellers a high level of flexibility, enabling western France residents to reach Canada and Montreal and our Canadian customers to discover the riches of Aquitaine and its vineyards. Besides the airline’s key role in linking France with Canada, the Montreal hub is also of extreme interest to travellers extending their stay to American cities or other international destinations”, says Lucie Guillemette, Air Canada’s Executive Vice-President and Chief Commercial Officer.
Pascal Personne, Chairman of Bordeaux Airport’s Executive Board, states: “I am delighted and proud to include Air Canada among our new air partners. The four weekly rotations proposed by this quality airline will, of course, attract even more passengers wishing to travel between Montreal and Bordeaux. Furthermore, these flights will provide the people of Bordeaux and the surrounding area with a fabulous entry point to their dream destinations on the American continent. Not forgetting the special place that Bordeaux holds in the hearts of Canadian and American travellers who, thanks to Air Canada, will have easier access to the capital city of France’s Great South West. ”
Air Canada’s Boeing 737 MAX 8 aircraft to operate on this route will offer two travel classes: Economy and Economy Privilege.
Description of the new aircraft:
- An ultra-modern, enhanced onboard entertainment system with a refined user interface operating in 15 languages. Passengers will soon be able to connect their own devices in streaming, video and audio modes.
- High-speed WIFI connection on this new route, offering passengers the same user comfort as on the ground, for a more pleasant and more productive journey during which they can connect to Facebook, check their emails, or follow the latest YouTube trends
- Premium Ambiance, with more comfortable seats and LED ceiling lights
- Improved luggage compartments, providing each passenger with more space for hand luggage
- Engines boasting cutting-edge technology, reducing noise levels by 40% for a more pleasant and relaxing flight
- A 20% reduction in fuel consumption for the Boeing 737 MAX 8 in comparison to the previous new-generation 737 model
Flights from Montreal to Bordeaux (AC814): departure, 8:30pm – arrival, 9:25am – every Monday, Wednesday, Thursday & Saturday.
Flights from Bordeaux to Montreal (AC815): departure, 10:25am – arrival, 12:20pm – every Tuesday, Thursday, Friday & Sunday.
“Air Canada’s launch of this Bordeaux-Montreal link improves our offering to this French destination that is so popular among the people of Montreal. I would like to thank Air Canada once again for their trust and for the effort put into developing our flight network” explains Philippe Rainville, President and Chief Executive Officer of Montreal Airports.
Paris, 3 October 2018