Yesterday luchtzak.be reported about Air Belgium (Air Belgium is one step closer to its launch: now hiring cabin and cockpit crew). Today we can give some additional information: a reliable source told luchtzak.be :
- Chinese investors see Belgium as an easy gateway to Europe
- China handles quickly visa application (within 48 hours)
- Air Belgium plans to fly with 4 Airbus 340-300 (built in 2008), currently stored in Tarbes, Lourdes. Those A340s were formerly flying for Finnair
- Air Belgium will hire 2 out of 3 Mandarin speaking (Chinese) flight attendants
- Future fleet expansion: 2 additional Airbus A350 and 2 extra Boeing 777X aircraft
- Future destinations: intra-European flights.
More information will be announced during December.