Air Belgium is a new aviation initiative. Our ambitions are to offer quality and attractively priced intercontinental flights to selected markets. Our newly set-up company Head Office is located in an important business park in Mont-Saint-Guibert, Belgium. We are looking for an Airport Duty Supervisor (M/F/X) (All stations).
Purpose of the position
- Plan in advance and proactively manage all passenger services operations and Airside Services in line with respective Air Belgium Standard Ground Handling Agreements and Service Level Agreements.
- Identify the airside operations strengths and weakness in order to identify areas of improvement and for the purpose of promoting the Safety Management System at the station. He/she shall be in a position to foresee opportunities and threats and propose action plans.
- Ensure that the published flight schedule is operated in the most professional, efficient and cost-effective manner whilst ensuring compliance to all relevant safety, security, quality and environmental policies.
Main activities and responsibilities
- Oversees, manages and instructs all GHA and other third-party personnel.
- Ensures that the Ground Handler staffing levels are sufficient and maintained across all departments for optimum service delivery.
- Ensures passenger and aircraft handling practices conform to safety and security requirements as a foremost priority.
- Fosters excellent teamwork among the department
- Makes decisions, recommendations and takes actions pertaining to operations and uses unbiased rational approach to generate solutions.
- Liaises with GHA personnel and other airport agencies on operational issues.
- Handles all Air Belgium flights within the shift and ensures that proper hand over is performed to the following Duty Supervisor (if applicable)
- Acts as a liaison between airport service providers and users and monitors the day to day operations.
- Provides input and recommendations to management to improve the effectiveness of the daily operations
- Motivate, engage and develop an organisational culture that reflects the company’s values
- Resolves customer problems and complaints effectively across all departments including customer relations and providing resolutions for complaint handling
- Coordinate all baggage aspects: Check-in, tracking, lost and damaged luggage
- Ensure all passenger related systems such as Departure Control System are up to date and serviceable
- Ensuring compliance with local and international regulatory requirements for Dangerous Goods
- Establish and actively engage the Safety Management System in the Ground Operations field
- Coordinate ULDs activity and ensure all flights are covered with sufficient ULDs
- Coordinate with the different departments for all charters to include: all phases of aircraft and ground handling, catering, inflight product and fuel
- Ensures that all services delivered by suppliers (including airport) are compliant with SLA’s and legal requirements and immediately reports any deviance to the Head of Department
- Ensures regular reporting of Airport field activities, identified potential risks and incidents to potholders and the AB Management team
- Reports immediately any damage to the aircraft to the respective Department Head
SAFETY, HEALTH & ENVIRONMENT
- Ensures On Time Performance of Air Belgium operations
- Promote safety awareness and develop a safety culture with 3rd party agencies. Establish and actively engage the Safety Management System in the Ground Operations field.
- Reports safety related issue/incident to the Health and Safety Responsible and appropriate team members
- Identifies and mitigates safety and security risks for passengers and staff
- Excellent communication skills, ability to work cross functionally
- Customer orientation
- Problem solving oriented
- Comply with Company policies, values and ethics.
- Comply with local & national legislations
- Understand the business context in which the company operates that informs planning and decision making
Requirements and qualifications
- At least 5 years’ experience in the aviation industry in operational function/ or AIRPORT function
- Strong leadership, negotiation and influencing skills
- Ability to make decisions on the spot and under extreme work pressure
- Computer literate
- Fluent in French and English (written and spoken). Dutch is an asset
- Ready to work on shifts, weekends and bank holidays
- Must be willing to travel among the stations
- Ready to work outside usual work hours when necessary
Interested? Please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org mentioning “DutySup001” in the subject of your email