Air Belgium is a new aviation initiative. Our ambitions are to offer quality and attractively priced intercontinental flights to selected markets. Our newly set-up company Head Office is located in an important business park in Mont-Saint-Guibert, Belgium. We are looking for a Technical Administrator (M/F/X).
Purpose of the position
- Responsible for ensuring the Technical Services are provided with the necessary administration support. The Technical Administrator will also receive tasks directly from the Technical & Maintenance Director.
- Controls the technical library, the invoices, and the aircraft documents.
Main activities and responsibilities
- Perform administrative duties in order to ensure the smooth running of the Department
- Organize the agenda, the travel arrangements, weekly whereabouts and the time utilization for the Department for an efficient time management.
- Provide administrative support to the Technical Director in order to assist the running of his day-to-day activities.
- Ensure that all word processing is accurate, well presented and on time in order to give a positive image of the department to other departments and customers.
- Deal with daily correspondence, e-mails, etc… and dispatch correctly in order to take the necessary actions and guarantee a good communication.
- Maintain filing system, including personnel files for direct reports (holidays, training records etc.) in order to keep the information and data easily available for all.
- Stay aware of all matters of the technical department in order to set appropriate priorities.
- Issue, update and publish the technical manuals and procedures as requested.
- Develop, process and distribute the Key Performance Indicator Report (KPI) for the Technical Department.
- Place, follow-up and archive all Purchase Orders for the Technical Department in accordance with the process defined by the Finance Department.
- Verify the service provider’s invoices and report deviations.
- Support the technical team on projects (aircraft phase in, others…) as assigned.
- Publish and control the departmental procedures, and suggest improvements as appropriate.
- Maintain the digital technical publication distribution platform, ensuring that the necessary pertinent documentations from Air Belgium, NAA, aircraft manufacturer, engine manufacturer, APU manufacturer, supplements relative to modifications, etc… are made available to the internal and contracted parties.
- Maintain the Air Belgium technical library and the technical library database according the approved standard and maintain an updated list of all controlled documentation and their location.
- Liaise with documentation providers in order to buy, maintain, update the documentation and subscriptions, monitoring the documents cost in order to stay in line with the budget.
- Act as the “administrator” for the OEM data publishing, company and other appropriate websites.
- Control the stock of technical documents and forms, monitor the consumption, and order as required.
- Responsible to keep all documentation that supports the figures, such as invoices and receipts.
Quality Management Responsibilities
- Identify and report any deficiency in order to enable appropriate corrective action.
- Follow the applicable procedure and suggest improvements when necessary to improve the quality.
- Constantly look for ways to increase service quality.
Performance Management Responsibilities
- Ensure that all within your powers is done to achieve the company key performance indicators.
Realising Operational Targets
- Monitor actual performance in terms of cost, quality and service of all maintenance suppliers and, where necessary report any deficiency in order to take corrective actions to ensure the realisation of the operational targets.
- Assist to improve and maintain departmental KPI’s and dispatch reliability of the Air Belgium aircraft fleet.
- Support and participate in technical related projects as assigned.
- Display a positive, open and cooperative behaviour in order to facilitate a good relationship inside and outside the department, avoid and help solve conflicts.
- Comply with Company policies, values and ethics.
- Comply with local, national legislations and health & safety standards.
- Report to hierarchy any hazards, non-compliances and risks whether to employees or to the company.
- Conscientious and hardworking individual willing to take responsibility for ensuring activities are completed in the required time frame.
- Committed to professional development.
Education Requirements and qualifications
- Secondary School or Equivalent education.
- Administrative skills and background.
- One-year experience in an aviation / aeronautical environment is an asset.
- Able to demonstrate accuracy skills.
- Fluent technical and conversational English, and French both written and spoken Dutch is an asset.
- Able to cope with Confidential matters.
- Pronounced sense of responsibility and organisation.
- Knowledge of aviation technical terminology.
- Professional appearance to represent the Company.
- To maintain a professional office environment with due regard to confidentiality and security of aircraft data.
- Strong computer literacy and good administration skills, familiar with MS office and e-mail system.
- Ability to work with detailed information in a structured fashion.
- Good organizational skills, rigorous, precise, well organized to keep overview on projects, set priorities.
- Ability to work independently, sense of urgency, take/prepare decisions.
- Strong team work background.
- Excellent communication skills.
Interested? Please send your application to email@example.com mentioning “TechAdmin001” in the subject of your email.