Air Belgium is a new aviation initiative. Our ambitions are to offer quality and attractively priced intercontinental flights to selected markets. Our newly set-up company Head Office is located in an important business park in Mont-Saint-Guibert, Belgium. We are looking for a Catering Coordinator (M/F/X).
Purpose of the position
- The Catering Coordinator reports directly to the Director of Ground Operations and is responsible for the catering and ensure the Inflight service delivery and Quality.
Main activities and responsibilities
- Prepare request for proposals for caterers and suppliers for all catering and inflight products on basis of selected meals by department in charge of inflight product.
- Check menu specs and prices according to budget defined.
- Liaise with all departments like commercial and Operations and communicate all changes. Collect feedback from other departments and investigate and provide solutions for their requests.
- Analyze crew reports and prepare action plans.
- Order and follow up of all catering products, including chinaware, material, trays, washable items…
- Ensure timely products forecasts and stock follow up (including outstations).
- Order catering requirements for ADHOC flights.
- Create appropriate purchase orders, manage new vendors creation and control Invoices.
- Organise spot checks of catering delivery.
- Check quality of meals and products to ensure food and safety compliance.
- Ensure compliance with the SLA defined in the agreements with the suppliers.
- In collaboration with the station manager coordinate food orders and deliveries for each business lounge.
- Ensure the distribution of clear instructions to all service providers to guarantee smooth operations.
- Support cabin crew and catering units in day-to–day operations.
- Irregularity operations: prepare standardized action plans to cope with irregularities. Ensure that operational departments in HQ, in CRL and in the outstations receive adequate information for optimized operations and to minimize the irregularity impact.
- Prepare, instruct and support the outstations during start-up of new operations. Ensure a follow-up and take corrective actions whenever necessary.
- Any other duties that aim to the achievement of the department objectives within individual competences.
- Display a positive, open and cooperative behavior in order to facilitate a good relationship inside and outside the department, avoid and help solve conflicts.
- Comply with Company policies, values and ethics.
- Comply with local, national legislations and health & safety standards.
- Report to hierarchy any hazards, non-compliances and risks whether to employees or to the company.
Requirements and qualifications
- At least 2 or 3 years relevant experience in inflight catering (Food and Beverage can be an alternative).
- Relevant experience in procurement, managing suppliers and purchases is a strong asset.
- General operational knowledge of Air Law and safety rules.
- Team oriented, strong coordination and communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills, multitasking and stress-resistant.
- Computer literate.
- Fluency in English, good command of French and/or Dutch (written and spoken).
Interested? Please send your application to email@example.com mentioning “Catering001” in the subject of your email.