Air Belgium is a new aviation initiative. Our ambitions are to offer quality and attractively priced intercontinental flights to selected markets. Our newly set-up company Head Office is located in an important business park in Mont-Saint-Guibert, Belgium. We are looking for a Technical Representative (M/F/X).
Purpose of the position
- Supervise the contracted activities of the MRO’s, Line and Base maintenance, and ensure the maintenance tasks are carried out in accordance with the Part 145 regulations and company standards.
- Be present at each aircraft arrival and departure at home operating base.
Main activities and responsibilities
- Manage and control the daily line maintenance technical ramp activities, line/home base A-checks and/or special maintenance events (e.g. engine/landing gear changes, …) to ensure an on time performance and safe and reliable maintenance operations.
- Within the framework of the functional responsibilities & authority, the technical representative ensures to be aware of the scope, conditions and service levels of the maintenance agreement with the MRO providers. This includes the understanding of organization, infrastructure, contacts needed to be able to manage and control the daily maintenance operation and scheduled work in progress.
- Review the scheduled maintenance plan and highlights mandatory work, repetitive and hard to find defects, AHM fault reports, etc for the coming 24 hours with the contracted MRO, and prepare his specific actions to monitor in the field during his duty.
- In case of additional work and/or excessive defects/repairs, to ensure that the required expertise such as engineering, NDT, etc, is initiated and available.
- Ensure relevant support from Engineering with developing repairs/trouble shooting instructions for out of the OEM manual limits events. Ensures and monitors the implementation of the agreed solution.
- On daily base, to communicate and report aircraft status and all relevant information to the technical organization both internally and with the contracted parties as required for all stakeholders to perform their duties.
- Ensure appropriate communication with all relevant stakeholders in case of aircraft technical defects that might or will have an impact on the on time departure or aircraft condition.
- Greet and meet the aircraft flight crew on arrival and departure at the operational home base.
- Build a professional relationship with the aircraft service providers and constructive communication process to avoid misunderstandings.
- Provide assistance on AOG situations in a timely and professional manner.
- Be responsible to manage and ensure appropriate follow-up with the contracted logistics group, or the materials provider, on the status of the ordered parts, (special) tooling & equipment and/or kits, and verify that the delivered parts to be installed have acceptable traceability and certificates.
- Monitor the status of repetitive maintenance and deferred defects, and liaise with the MRO and Maintenance Planner to ensure timely and accurate rectification is performed. To maintain an overview status for repetitive Aircraft Health Management messages and other repetitive defect items with the progress status of the troubleshooting.
- Within his authority, to accept and/or approves the executed works and ensures the appropriate CRS are given for a timely redelivery of the aircraft on behalf of Air Belgium.
- From time to time being the Technical Representative during heavy Maintenance events on AB aircraft at the MRO facility abroad to control/supervise the maintenance activities.
- Responsible to respect the decision making processes and overseeing business operations for the best interest of the business.
Quality Management responsibilities
- Control and monitor that the suppliers comply with AB contractual quality standards.
- Identify and report any deficiency in order to enable appropriate corrective action.
- Follow the applicable procedure and suggest improvements when necessary to improve the quality.
- Constantly look for ways to increase service quality.
Performance management responsibilities
- Ensure that all within your powers is done to achieve the company key performance indicators.
Realising operational targets
- Monitor actual performance in terms of cost, quality and service of all maintenance suppliers and, where necessary report any deficiency in order to take corrective actions to ensure the realisation of the operational targets.
- Assist to improve and maintain dispatch reliability of the Air Belgium aircraft fleet.
- Support and participate in all technical related projects as assigned.
- Any other duties that aim to the achievement of the department objectives within individual competences.
- Display a positive, open and cooperative behaviour in order to facilitate a good relationship inside and outside the department, avoid and help solve conflicts.
- Comply with Company policies, values and ethics.
- Comply with local, national legislations and health & safety standards.
- Report to hierarchy any hazards, non-compliances and risks whether to employees or to the company.
Education Requirements and qualifications
- Part 66 licensed engineer with 10Y experience (or an aeronautical degree or national equivalent), or equivalent by experience.
- Five years experience in an aircraft maintenance environment.
- Previous experience on aircraft type ATR and or A340 is an asset.
- Good knowledge of the applicable EASA Regulatory Requirements (Part 145, Part M…)
- Knowledge and understanding of maintenance programs & maintenance contracts.
- Project management experience or equivalent by experience is an asset.
- Able to demonstrate accuracy skills.
- Maintain a professional office environment with due regard to confidentiality and security of aircraft data.
- Computer literate with good administration skills, familiar with MS office and e-mail system.
- Good command of the English, and French language.
- Ability to communicate/report clearly and effectively with all layers in organizations and with suppliers.
- Ability to make analyses, pro-actively propose areas of improvement, take initiatives, solution driven.
- Good organizational skills, rigorous, precise, well organized to keep overview on projects, set priorities.
- Ability to work independently, sense of urgency, take/prepare decisions, work under operational pressure.
- Negotiation skills, team-player able to display a positive, open and cooperative behaviour in order to facilitate a good relationship inside and outside the department, avoid and help to solve conflicts.
- Adapt to the different work environments, practices and cultures.
- Ability to cope with sporadic roster changes to address unforeseen situations.
- Previous experience in a same position is an asset.
Interested? Please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org mentioning “TechRep002” in the subject of your email.