An incident with a portable charger (power bank) on board an Aeroflot Airbus A320 (flight SU1182) on Wednesday 31 January 2018.
Paul Neon was a passenger on board the A320 (VQ-BPU) and explains on Facebook: “After landing, during disembarkation at Volgograd Airport the device caught fire, the portable charger was under the seat of one of the passengers. Heavy smoke began to spread through the cabin and the fire was quickly extinguished. However, some passengers started to panic and one of them started to shout “fire”. Others then quickly opened the emergency overwing exits.”