VLM Airlines (Brussels, ex-Thomas Cook) news 2018

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

Post Reply
User avatar
Passenger
Posts: 5262
Joined: 06 Dec 2010, 20:54

Re: VLM Airlines Brussels (ex-Thomas Cook) news 2018

Post by Passenger » 15 Jun 2018, 12:31

sn26567 wrote:
15 Jun 2018, 12:21

The last one is another story: the transition period from TCAB to VLM, and thus difficult to analyse. It is before the huge capital increase mentioned above.
Yes, huge. But if I read it correct, not one Euro from that 8.179.534 Euro has appeared on their bank account. From the notification in the Staatsblad/Moniteur: "...Het besluit van het verslag van de commissaris luidt letterlijk als volgt: “De inbreng in natura voor een bedrag van € 8.179.534 door de Besloten Vennootschap SF Aviation Holding, tot kapitaalverhoging van de naamloze vennootschap VLM Airlines (“de Vennootschap), bestaat uit de inbreng van schuldvorderingen ten bedrage van € 8.179.534 ten aanzien van de Besloten Vennootschap SF Aviation Holding...

convair
Posts: 1494
Joined: 18 Nov 2011, 00:02

Re: VLM Airlines Brussels (ex-Thomas Cook) news 2018

Post by convair » 15 Jun 2018, 13:18

Passenger wrote:
15 Jun 2018, 12:31
sn26567 wrote:
15 Jun 2018, 12:21

The last one is another story: the transition period from TCAB to VLM, and thus difficult to analyse. It is before the huge capital increase mentioned above.
Yes, huge. But if I read it correct, not one Euro from that 8.179.534 Euro has appeared on their bank account. From the notification in the Staatsblad/Moniteur: "...Het besluit van het verslag van de commissaris luidt letterlijk als volgt: “De inbreng in natura voor een bedrag van € 8.179.534 door de Besloten Vennootschap SF Aviation Holding, tot kapitaalverhoging van de naamloze vennootschap VLM Airlines (“de Vennootschap), bestaat uit de inbreng van schuldvorderingen ten bedrage van € 8.179.534 ten aanzien van de Besloten Vennootschap SF Aviation Holding...
I'm not an expert either, but my understanding is that the (imho not so) "huge" capital increase was indeed not cash but a debt to a supplier cancelled by that supplier (SF Aviation Holding) in exchange for (additional?) shares in the company.
The fact that this supplier is a holding company suggests that the debt might be related to the typical "management fees".
Even after that capital increase, the company seems short on cash.

User avatar
sn26567
Posts: 33177
Joined: 13 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Rosières/Rozieren, Belgium
Contact:

Re: VLM Airlines (Brussels)(ex-Thomas Cook) news 2018

Post by sn26567 » 15 Jun 2018, 15:46

Just to clarify:

- "VLM" (based in Antwerp) is the trading name of SHS Aviation Antwerp, a subsidiary of Dutch holding company SHS Aviation B.V., itself owned for 60% by Dutch investors and for 40% by Chinese investors

- "VLM Airlines" (based in Brussels, formerly "Thomas Cook Airlines Belgium") is a subsidiary of Dutch holding company SF Aviation Management B.V., itself a daughter of SoftFlight B.V.

Confusing? Yes, I know. Hopefully one of them will change names...
André
ex Sabena #26567

Aerofool
Posts: 35
Joined: 25 Jul 2017, 17:46

Re: VLM Airlines (Brussels)(ex-Thomas Cook) news 2018

Post by Aerofool » 15 Jun 2018, 15:56

VLM Airlines in Brussels will change its name in the near future

DAT2527
Posts: 16
Joined: 15 Feb 2018, 20:29

Re: VLM Airlines (Brussels, ex-Thomas Cook) news 2018

Post by DAT2527 » 16 Jun 2018, 23:13

Screenshot_20180616-230941_LinkedIn.jpg

User avatar
luchtzak
Posts: 10066
Joined: 18 Sep 2002, 00:00
Location: Hofstade, Zemst - Belgium
Contact:

Re: VLM Airlines (Brussels, ex-Thomas Cook) news 2018

Post by luchtzak » 16 Jun 2018, 23:15

What is the reg of this A321 ?

TLspotting
Posts: 333
Joined: 19 Mar 2017, 10:22
Location: Uccle/Ukkel,BE
Contact:

Re: VLM Airlines (Brussels, ex-Thomas Cook) news 2018

Post by TLspotting » 17 Jun 2018, 13:38

I'm currently checking stored A321s :

I found this ex Air Canada Rouge C-FYXF, transfered to Dublin, 1 month and half ago :
https://fr.flightaware.com/live/flight/ ... /EINN/EIDW

Greetings
I'm Thibault >
> Student
> Spotter at home (or outdoor,that's better) since 2016
> Instagram,Facebook and Twitter > @TLspotting

User avatar
sn26567
Posts: 33177
Joined: 13 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Rosières/Rozieren, Belgium
Contact:

Re: VLM Airlines (Brussels, ex-Thomas Cook) news 2018

Post by sn26567 » 17 Jun 2018, 14:20

The website of Dublin Aerospace shows an impressive list of clients (including... Jetairfly), but not yet VLM Airlines!

And in the Belgian register VLM Airlines has still only one aircraft: the A320 OO-TCT.
André
ex Sabena #26567

User avatar
sn26567
Posts: 33177
Joined: 13 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Rosières/Rozieren, Belgium
Contact:

Re: VLM Airlines (Brussels, ex-Thomas Cook) news 2018

Post by sn26567 » 19 Jun 2018, 11:02

TLspotting wrote:
17 Jun 2018, 13:38
I'm currently checking stored A321s :

I found this ex Air Canada Rouge C-FYXF, transfered to Dublin, 1 month and half ago :
https://fr.flightaware.com/live/flight/ ... /EINN/EIDW

Greetings
Good try, but no. It is an ex-Monarch aircraft leased from AerCap.
André
ex Sabena #26567

pitrixplanespotting
Posts: 331
Joined: 04 Feb 2016, 18:11

Re: VLM Airlines (Brussels, ex-Thomas Cook) news 2018

Post by pitrixplanespotting » 19 Jun 2018, 11:18

sn26567 wrote:
19 Jun 2018, 11:02
TLspotting wrote:
17 Jun 2018, 13:38
I'm currently checking stored A321s :

I found this ex Air Canada Rouge C-FYXF, transfered to Dublin, 1 month and half ago :
https://fr.flightaware.com/live/flight/ ... /EINN/EIDW

Greetings
Good try, but no. It is an ex-Monarch aircraft leased from AerCap.
Probably G-ZBAF, a 12 year old ;)

modeS
Posts: 2
Joined: 19 Jun 2018, 10:55

Re: VLM Airlines (Brussels, ex-Thomas Cook) news 2018

Post by modeS » 19 Jun 2018, 11:37

G-ZBAF seems to be in Dublin and it fits the description indeed. However, according to planespotters.net and rzjets.net it will be joining the fleet of Titan Airways as G-POWT.

User avatar
sn26567
Posts: 33177
Joined: 13 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Rosières/Rozieren, Belgium
Contact:

Re: VLM Airlines (Brussels, ex-Thomas Cook) news 2018

Post by sn26567 » 19 Jun 2018, 11:53

modeS wrote:
19 Jun 2018, 11:37
G-ZBAF seems to be in Dublin and it fits the description indeed. However, according to planespotters.net and rzjets.net it will be joining the fleet of Titan Airways as G-POWT.
Thanks for your input, modeS, and welcome to Aviation24.be.
André
ex Sabena #26567

modeS
Posts: 2
Joined: 19 Jun 2018, 10:55

Re: VLM Airlines (Brussels, ex-Thomas Cook) news 2018

Post by modeS » 19 Jun 2018, 12:20

sn26567 wrote:
19 Jun 2018, 11:53
Thanks for your input, modeS, and welcome to Aviation24.be.
Thanks!

DAT2527
Posts: 16
Joined: 15 Feb 2018, 20:29

Re: VLM Airlines (Brussels, ex-Thomas Cook) news 2018

Post by DAT2527 » 19 Jun 2018, 15:24

modeS wrote:
19 Jun 2018, 11:37
G-ZBAF seems to be in Dublin and it fits the description indeed. However, according to planespotters.net and rzjets.net it will be joining the fleet of Titan Airways as G-POWT.
That deal was cancelled...


C96C
Posts: 20
Joined: 03 Apr 2017, 11:51

Re: VLM Airlines (Brussels, ex-Thomas Cook) news 2018

Post by C96C » 12 Jul 2018, 18:37

OO-SBA (Airbus A321-231, msn 2730, ex G-ZBAF) is on the Belgian register since today (12/07) for VLM Airlines (Brussels).

http://www.mobilit.fgov.be:7081/bcaa/ai ... search.jsf

DAT2527
Posts: 16
Joined: 15 Feb 2018, 20:29

Re: VLM Airlines (Brussels, ex-Thomas Cook) news 2018

Post by DAT2527 » 12 Jul 2018, 20:20

Screenshot_20180712-201745_LinkedIn.jpg

User avatar
sn26567
Posts: 33177
Joined: 13 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Rosières/Rozieren, Belgium
Contact:

Re: New deliveries/special colours to look for at Brussels airport

Post by sn26567 » 12 Jul 2018, 21:44

C96C wrote:
12 Jul 2018, 18:41
OO-SBA A321-231 VLM Airlines Brussels (ex G-ZBAF)
Using registrations traditionally (but not excusively) reserved for SN? :roll:
André
ex Sabena #26567

TLspotting
Posts: 333
Joined: 19 Mar 2017, 10:22
Location: Uccle/Ukkel,BE
Contact:

Re: VLM Airlines (Brussels, ex-Thomas Cook) news 2018

Post by TLspotting » 12 Jul 2018, 21:53

Seems to be arrived all white, as SXI1827.
I'm Thibault >
> Student
> Spotter at home (or outdoor,that's better) since 2016
> Instagram,Facebook and Twitter > @TLspotting

TLspotting
Posts: 333
Joined: 19 Mar 2017, 10:22
Location: Uccle/Ukkel,BE
Contact:

VLM Airlines (Brussels, ex-Thomas Cook) news 2018

Post by TLspotting » 12 Jul 2018, 21:54

sn26567 wrote:
12 Jul 2018, 21:44
C96C wrote:
12 Jul 2018, 18:41
OO-SBA A321-231 VLM Airlines Brussels (ex G-ZBAF)
Using registrations traditionally (but not excusively) reserved for SN? :roll:
Ex OO-SBA was a DC-3, not sure SN will fly with ;)
I'm Thibault >
> Student
> Spotter at home (or outdoor,that's better) since 2016
> Instagram,Facebook and Twitter > @TLspotting

Post Reply