Any experiences of flying on Swiss via ZRH?

Share your experiences about your latest flights: details and pictures are highly appreciated by our community. How do you rate airlines, in-flight meals, frequent flyer programs, etc... join this forum now!
Comet

Any experiences of flying on Swiss via ZRH?

Post by Comet »

Swiss is just one of the airlines I am considering for our holiday next year (others are LOT, KLM and Lufthansa). Does anyone have any experience of flying on a connecting flight via ZRH?

I an reading some poor reviews of Swiss but I had always assumed they had a good reputation for service. I am considering them because of the longer connection time in ZRH - a few hours as opposed to less than two hours when flying via AMS, which can be a worry if your flight has any delay (several people on our flight from WAW in September missed their connections because we were 25 minutes late setting off).

I love to fly KLM but their short connections times are my biggest worry.
Last edited by Comet on 26 Nov 2017, 18:05, edited 1 time in total.
Sabena and Sobelair - gone but never forgotten.
Louise

luchtzak

Re: Any experiences of flying on Swiss via ZRH?

Post by luchtzak »

SWISS is one of the best airlines I have flown with, if you are lucky you might get on one of the brand new Bombardier CS300 aircraft.

CTBke

Post by CTBke »

luchtzak wrote: 26 Nov 2017, 12:06 SWISS is one of the best airlines I have flown with, if you are lucky you might get on one of the brand new Bombardier CS300 aircraft.
Can only agree... flew them a couple of times between BRU and ZRH and domestic between GVA-ZRH, friendly crew, clean aircrafts, good pitch ...

about ZRH, it's a nice airport to transfer through. If you have a long layover you can go to the spotters terrace which is free if you have a boarding pass for a flight the same day.
Citybird
The flying dream

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

I also agree. See my report here (GVA-ZRH-BRU): viewtopic.php?f=4&t=58181
André
ex Sabena #26567

airtrainer

Post by airtrainer »

What they said ^^

evyncke

Post by evyncke »

Indeed, Swiss & ZRH are easy to go through. Also a catering in the plane which is not too bad.

Just beware that the flight is not operated by Edelweiss (good meals but quite crowded and no web check-in quite often).

Also, the Swiss Star Alliance Lounge is going under 'upgrade' so we are rerouted to another one (1 minute distance) which is less nice than the Swiss one but OK albeit crowded.

Comet

Post by Comet »

Thanks for all the replies :mrgreen: Nothing has been booked yet as I am considering options but Swiss are still high on my list. An inflight snack is something I do like as on some of our early morning flights we have had to leave our hotel without a proper breakfast and buy something (pricey) at the airport if we wanted to eat. I am considering flying out of MAN and I think that flight is a Swiss operated one, as opposed to Edelweiss.

I would love a flight on the Bombardier as I've never flown in any of their aircraft and the photos in the report looked nice. Another good one for me would be the Fokker jet, we were unlucky with KLM and I've still only got the two Fokker props on my "flown" list.

I would like to experience ZRH and if the viewing is good that is a big bonus :mrgreen:
Louise

quixoticguide

Post by quixoticguide »

I had a very smooth connection when I flew to GVA via ZRH.
Visit my flights on: http://www.quixoticguide.com

cathay belgium

Post by cathay belgium »

Hi,

Flew via ZRH to ARN and PKG , al those flights were great included Helvetic and Edelweiss ones! ( Edelweiss livery is rockin' no ? )

Just enjoy it !

CXB
New types flown 2022.. A339

Comet

Post by Comet »

Thanks again for replies :mrgreen: I have now booked the hotel in Warsaw but not done the flights yet.
Louise

MSS658

Post by MSS658 »

Many connections trough ZRH! Not a problem at all.

nordikcam

Post by nordikcam »

ZRH very good airport for connections and LX is one of my favorites ones.

jerry

Post by jerry »

If you have a single ticket, then they will take care of you in case of late incoming flight. It's happened to me to be an the usually late LX729 (AMS-ZRH) with a tight connection (1h15 min). They held our flight (since it was LAS and any rerouting would be messy) but many lost their connections and were offered alternatives.

dontholdthewall

Post by dontholdthewall »

I flew AMS-HKT via ZRH, and the experience was top notch. I love transferring at ZRH, it's probably my favorite transfer hub in EU.
LX itself is very clean, professional and comfortable airline.

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

dontholdthewall wrote: 17 Dec 2017, 21:21 LX itself is very clean, professional and comfortable airline.
Welcome to the forum of Aviation24.be, dontholdthewall !
André
ex Sabena #26567

b720

Post by b720 »

ZRH is By far my favourite airport to connect through, and LX one of the best airlines... connected t ZRH numerous times to SFO,JFK, GRU, and many Intra European flights..