Brussels Airlines is hiring cockpit and cabin crew

Looking for an aviation job? Check our job offers!

Buck Danny

Re: Brussels Airlines is hiring cockpit and cabin crew

Post by Buck Danny » 09 Nov 2017, 08:22

Good Morning, bonjour, goeie morgen, guten morgen,

I am not new to the forum but couldn't log on anymore ( I forgot the username).

Brussels Airlines is opening vacancies for Direct Entry pilots A340/A330 in Düsseldorf. Let's say that the ex Air Berlin pilots are cautious to apply to any airline affiliated to the Eurowings brand.

Mr C.S. had made it clear that he only has interest to take on ex AB pilots if they agree on the -46% wages used in the EW EU operation.
The AB pilots are refusing to apply and accept these terms.
The Beeline gig in DUS is a new part of the German game.
Is there any reason from a Brussels Airlines pilot perspective not to apply for those jobs?
Has this been discussed with the BeCA and the local pilots?
Would the AB pilots undermine the negociations, career prospects or position of the Beeline pilots if they would apply?
This is a very important question and a timely answer by pilots from Brussels would be appreciated.
PM is also ok.
The Terms and conditions are unknown to the AB pilots at this stage and please specify if the ppjn.com intel is outdated or not?

I hope for some replies.

Best regards

Buck Danny

sn26567

Post by sn26567 » 09 Nov 2017, 10:30

Welcome back, Buck Danny.

That is what I have been suspecting: getting experienced pilots at a rebate.

I don't see any reason why Belgian pilots could not apply, especially those living close to the German border.
André
ex Sabena #26567

Buck Danny

Post by Buck Danny » 10 Nov 2017, 08:19

Thanks,

The question is more meant in a different way.
Ex Air Berlin pilots are not applying to Eurowings because CS took over the routes, airplanes but doesn't take over the employees of AB Kg ( classic) despite the media assuming otherwise. The AB core pilots will need to reapply and are forced to accept extreme low wages.
So, no applications from them, so someone else will need to fly his planes or he has to change his tactic.

In the Brussels Airlines case, this is a new chapter in the game. Why CS doesn't use the Sun Express Germany platform to operate Long Haul out of DUS for EW? Would AB pilots interfere in a dispute or undermine the position of the Brussels Airlines pilots is the question ????The Air Berlin pilots do not apply at Ryanair for example because they would undermine the pilots and their dispute with Ryanair M O L.
Sure there are a few exceptions but the core AB pilots put it on hold until they have sorted it all out.
What's the case here at Brussels Airlines?
Why did he pick Brussels????

sean1982

Post by sean1982 » 10 Nov 2017, 09:14

Its a free market and people are free to accept, or not, whatever wage they want for a current job, no? AB and SN pilots alike.

luchtzak

Post by luchtzak » 10 Nov 2017, 09:23

Buck Danny wrote:
10 Nov 2017, 08:19
The Air Berlin pilots do not apply at Ryanair for example because they would undermine the pilots and their dispute with Ryanair M O L.
That sounds like a strange way of thinking, who is going to pay the bills at the end of the month if you have no job ?

Flight_Detent

Post by Flight_Detent » 10 Nov 2017, 10:12

Hello all,
Just wondering if anyone applied for the SN BA A320 first officer position that was advertised in October? Did anyone get a call?
Thanks ;)

sn26567

Post by sn26567 » 10 Nov 2017, 11:04

Welcome to Aviation 24, Flight_Detent.

I hope you get an answer soon.
André
ex Sabena #26567

Buck Danny

Post by Buck Danny » 11 Nov 2017, 22:00

luchtzak wrote:
10 Nov 2017, 09:23
Buck Danny wrote:
10 Nov 2017, 08:19
The Air Berlin pilots do not apply at Ryanair for example because they would undermine the pilots and their dispute with Ryanair M O L.
That sounds like a strange way of thinking, who is going to pay the bills at the end of the month if you have no job ?
You think this is strange. Well I call it solidarity amongst pilots and a code of honour. The race to the bottom continues and I think the time has come for all European pilots to stand up against this. Ryanair pilots clearly made a statement and Air Berlin pilots do too even when they are out of a job. I call that balls. Eurowings is becoming the benchmark for the race to the bottom.
Before this gets too political, it's everywhere, cheap and cheaper airfares , low and lower wages with the cost of living rising.
I would have loved to see some Brussels Airlines pilots replying here but I guess they are not around.

Best of luck and best regards from an un-employed pilot with a plan B to pay his bills ;)

sn26567

Post by sn26567 » 11 Nov 2017, 22:52

Buck Danny wrote:
11 Nov 2017, 22:00
Ryanair pilots clearly made a statement and Air Berlin pilots do too even when they are out of a job. I call that balls. Eurowings is becoming the benchmark for the race to the bottom.
I mentioned in another thread that Air Berlin had found an acceptable arrangement with Lufthansa for its pilots to be hired by Eurowings. But I don't know the details of the deal.
André
ex Sabena #26567

Flight_Detent

Post by Flight_Detent » 14 Nov 2017, 10:28

sn26567 wrote:
10 Nov 2017, 11:04

Hello sn26567, thanks! I hope so.
Regards.

DeltaWiskey

Post by DeltaWiskey » 14 Nov 2017, 12:00

sn26567 wrote:

I did not apply, but what would you like to know? I believe there is a selection going on this week. In the past the process took about 5 days with 3 rounds. 1st is a technical knowledge test, 2nd HR / Chief pilot's interview, 3rd round is a sim-check.

Buck Danny

Post by Buck Danny » 15 Nov 2017, 12:06

sn26567 wrote:
11 Nov 2017, 22:52
Buck Danny wrote:
11 Nov 2017, 22:00
Ryanair pilots clearly made a statement and Air Berlin pilots do too even when they are out of a job. I call that balls. Eurowings is becoming the benchmark for the race to the bottom.
I mentioned in another thread that Air Berlin had found an acceptable arrangement with Lufthansa for its pilots to be hired by Eurowings. But I don't know the details of the deal.
Unfortunately that is not correct. Core Air Berlin pilots are not taken by Eurowings despite the media stating otherwise. It seems that Lufthansa is good at spreading the news they would like make the news. Power of the strongest.
LH took over Niki and LGW and their employees. The core AB pilots are put on leave without pay until the are fired probably at the end of the month. They will not get three months of salary because there is no money for the employees. There is money to operate the wetlease planes for EW. About a third of the core pilots still fly the AB planes that are operated for EW untill January, after that they will be laid off too.

But that is not the topic here. If someone can get me into contact with Brussels Airlines pilots, please drop me a pm.

Thanks

Flight_Detent

Post by Flight_Detent » 16 Nov 2017, 11:35

DeltaWiskey wrote:
14 Nov 2017, 12:00
sn26567 wrote:

I did not apply, but what would you like to know? I believe there is a selection going on this week. In the past the process took about 5 days with 3 rounds. 1st is a technical knowledge test, 2nd HR / Chief pilot's interview, 3rd round is a sim-check.
Hello DeltaWhiskey,
Thanks for your reply. Do you know if the selection this week refers to the advertisement that was placed in mid-October or is this part of another selection? From what I understand they are also looking for A340 crew, however, I applied for the A320 FO position.

Do you happen to know what areas the Tech Knowledge test covers? Are there group exercises? etc.
Any info is appreciated. If you prefer please feel free to send me a message.

Have a nice day everyone! ;)

DeltaWiskey

Post by DeltaWiskey » 16 Nov 2017, 20:04

It was definitely an A320 FO recruitment. Apart from that, I don't have any clue what the candidates are being asked / told to do...

Flight_Detent

Post by Flight_Detent » 17 Nov 2017, 10:36

Hello DeltaWhisky,
Thanks for the info. Regards.

bepilot

Post by bepilot » 22 Nov 2017, 13:59

Hey Flight_Detent, got email yesterday and should attend Monday 04th Dec.