The integration of Thomas Cook Airlines Belgium into SN

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

brabel

Re: The integration of Thomas Cook Airlines Belgium into SN

Post by brabel »

Yuqu12 wrote: 19 Sep 2017, 14:22 It would be nice to see flights from Brussels to Düsseldorf and to connect there with flights to the Carribean destinations and thus Germans living near Düsseldorf travelling to Africa can maybe connect in BRU.
Would be even nicer to see an A330 already added for SN, so it can start a (leisure) long haul itself.

DannyVDB

Post by DannyVDB »

The results of the collaboration are now known ...

See https://www.aviation24.be/airlines/lufth ... 8-october/

The destinations are as expected. They are the same destinations TC already flew.

However, the frequencies are quite impressive/unexpected, for some even as compared to what TC did before:

Tenerife: daily (or more) in winter and summer
Palma: 12 times/w in summer
Heraklion: 17 times/w in summer !!
Rhodes: 6 time/w in summer

No new about long haul, maybe André will have more news since I guess he was at the press conference.

If you look at the map there might be hidden future destinations: can you find them :D ?

Danny

DannyVDB

Post by DannyVDB »

In fact I see three dots that are currently not an SN destination, and I miss one dot for a current destination ...

ezis_bis

Post by ezis_bis »

Ooooh.. Helsinki and Bucharest, would be cool
If confirmed

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

DannyVDB wrote: 20 Sep 2017, 13:18 No new about long haul, maybe André will have more news since I guess he was at the press conference.
I asked specifically the question of long-haul. Thomas Cook currently works with many airlines (in particular with Condor via Frankfurt). But if there is sufficient demand, Brussels Airlines might look at some long-haul flights. This will not be in summer 2018 though. And it might take time before there is sufficient demand.
André
ex Sabena #26567

DannyVDB

Post by DannyVDB »

And the third one?
And the dropped one?

:D

Of course these might be mistakes ... although they are not the codeshare flights since then there are many dots missing ;)

Danny

DannyVDB

Post by DannyVDB »

sn26567 wrote: 20 Sep 2017, 14:59 I asked specifically the question of long-haul. Thomas Cook currently works with many airlines (in particular with Condor via Frankfurt). But if there is sufficient demand, Brussels Airlines might look at some long-haul flights. This will not be in summer 2018 though. And it might take time before there is sufficient demand.
OK, would have hoped that they were already targetting 2018. Maybe they can also use Dusseldorf to 're-direct' long haul, as an intermediate step (Eurowings) ... On the other hand I think demand for some destinations in the America's might drop because of all the natural disasters :(

Danny

PttU

Post by PttU »

Today in the newsletter of Neckermann (part of the Thomas Cook group, or at least flying with TC previously): https://www.neckermann.be/nl/info/brussels-airlines/
"From now on, Neckermann flies with Brussels Airlines"

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

ezis_bis wrote: 20 Sep 2017, 13:42 Ooooh.. Helsinki and Bucharest, would be cool
If confirmed
These destinations are not served directly, but in codeshare with Lufthansa via FRA or MUC
André
ex Sabena #26567

DannyVDB

Post by DannyVDB »

What I do not understand is that with, on an annual basis 1,0 million additional seats and for the winter alone 300.000 additional seats, they do the job with the same fleet + 2 A320 from TC.

Of course, for the winter season I understand that they will use more intensively their current fleet (which is good) and the two additional planes. But even then, and certainly in the summer, no way they can do it with their current fleet !

Any thoughts/news on that?

D

brabel

Post by brabel »

DannyVDB wrote: 20 Sep 2017, 13:24 In fact I see three dots that are currently not an SN destination, and I miss one dot for a current destination ...
Tell us! :)

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

DannyVDB wrote: 20 Sep 2017, 17:39 What I do not understand is that with, on an annual basis 1,0 million additional seats and for the winter alone 300.000 additional seats, they do the job with the same fleet + 2 A320 from TC.

Of course, for the winter season I understand that they will use more intensively their current fleet (which is good) and the two additional planes. But even then, and certainly in the summer, no way they can do it with their current fleet !

Any thoughts/news on that?

D
The two networks and schedules are complementary. During summer, when many SN aircraft are idle because of less business-oriented flights, they can fly to TC leisure destinations. In winter, when TCAB aircraft are idle because of the lack of vacationers, they can fly to DN business destinations.
André
ex Sabena #26567

DeltaWiskey

Post by DeltaWiskey »

During the summer months July/August, there is only 1 spare A32F (in case one goes technical), all the other ones are flying revenue service. These are the busiest (and most profitable) months for Brussels Airlines. All heavy maintenance is planned outside these 2 months. Yes, the business demand is less during the peak summer months, so some business routes are reduced and aircraft/crew allocated to other routes (leisure destinations and charters).

Apart from the 2 Thomas Cook A320's (TCH and TCV), there will be 4 or 5 additional A320's joining before July 2018. (the first ones are MSN 3161 and MSN 3373 as SNJ and SNK)

DannyVDB

Post by DannyVDB »

sn26567 wrote: 20 Sep 2017, 17:35
ezis_bis wrote: 20 Sep 2017, 13:42 Ooooh.. Helsinki and Bucharest, would be cool
If confirmed
These destinations are not served directly, but in codeshare with Lufthansa via FRA or MUC
I know André, but that is not the issue: the map is showing only direct SN flights, NOT the codeshare flights (for example, Zurich, Munich ... are NOT shown. So or 1) they made a mistake and Bucharest, Helsinki and East-Midlands should not be shown at all, or 2) these might be dots indicating 'future' destinations.

By the way, the dot that is missing is Sevilla. So I conclude from the map: or 1) the missing dot indicates the destination is dropped, or 2) the dot was 'forgotten.

Cheers,
Danny

DannyVDB

Post by DannyVDB »

DeltaWiskey wrote: 20 Sep 2017, 19:32 Apart from the 2 Thomas Cook A320's (TCH and TCV), there will be 4 or 5 additional A320's joining before July 2018. (the first ones are MSN 3161 and MSN 3373 as SNJ and SNK)
This sounds like a more logical answer. You can't host 1,0 million additional pax (on an annual basis) with the same fleet, even in case of improved utilisation or bigger planes (on average) ...

And great to see the fleet expanding ...

D

PS: already looking forward to go with the familly (2+2+2/1) to one of those new destinations !

brabel

Post by brabel »

They updated the map in the press release... no more bucharest or helsinki
still no sign of sevilla

DannyVDB

Post by DannyVDB »

Also East-Midlands is gone ;)
D

DeltaWiskey

Post by DeltaWiskey »

Here is the old map (which I downloaded by accident):

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

brabel wrote: 21 Sep 2017, 18:39 They updated the map in the press release... no more bucharest or helsinki
still no sign of sevilla
DannyVDB wrote: 21 Sep 2017, 19:29 Also East-Midlands is gone ;)
D
There were indeed three mistakes in the initial map: Helsinki, Bucharest and East Midlands are codeshare destinations (with resp. Lufthansa, Tarom and bmi regional) and should thus not have appeared on the map.

And if Seville is not on the map, maybe the destination has been abandoned? No way says Brussels Airlines whom I asked. So, one more error on the map?

Anyway, this is the correct map:
bair-thomascook-SNxTC-a4-sep17.jpg
This new map has been incorporated in the article on the cooperation:
https://www.aviation24.be/airlines/lufth ... 8-october/
André
ex Sabena #26567

nordikcam

Post by nordikcam »

brabel wrote: 21 Sep 2017, 18:39 They updated the map in the press release... no more bucharest or helsinki
still no sign of sevilla
I asked for Sevilla @SN. Here is the answer : 'ai pu avoir un retour sur votre question ! Pour le moment Séville est toujours planifiée mais nous n'avons pas confirmer les plannings d'été, un changement peut toujours arriver d'ici là. /Marie
Sevilla is planned for this moment but no confirmation for next summer...So...réponse de Normand...yes and no. :)