Brussels Airlines in 2017

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

nordikcam

Re: Brussels Airlines in 2017

Post by nordikcam »

b.lufthansa wrote: 11 Nov 2017, 09:23 Cabin crew unions have sent a letter to the CEO complain about the increasing workload. (New service)

While pilots are not happy about their meal.
Which cabin crew unions ? Which CEO ? Belgian unions and Gustin ? Sorry for the question.

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

nordikcam wrote: 11 Nov 2017, 11:43
b.lufthansa wrote: 11 Nov 2017, 09:23 Cabin crew unions have sent a letter to the CEO complain about the increasing workload. (New service)

While pilots are not happy about their meal.
Which cabin crew unions ? Which CEO ? Belgian unions and Gustin ? Sorry for the question.
This is a thread about Brussels Airlines, thus yes: the Brussels Airlines ACV/CSC union has sent a letter to Bernard Gustin.
André
ex Sabena #26567

lumumba

Post by lumumba »

What a feel on the flights to Africa is that the crew is not smiling very much anymore..
You feel some stress ,on the contrary on Lufthansa the crew is always very attentive...and smiling.
And that's new because before the crew was the strong part of Brussels Airlines before they had the screen installed etc....
And it something I feel for a couple of time now!
Hasta la victoria siempre.

Passenger

Post by Passenger »

lumumba wrote: 11 Nov 2017, 18:35 What a feel on the flights to Africa is that the crew is not smiling very much anymore..
You feel some stress ,on the contrary on Lufthansa the crew is always very attentive...and smiling.
And that's new because before the crew was the strong part of Brussels Airlines before they had the screen installed etc.... And it something I feel for a couple of time now!
Given your previous negative comments about Brussels Airport, the above is no surprise.

lumumba

Post by lumumba »

Passenger wrote: 11 Nov 2017, 18:44
lumumba wrote: 11 Nov 2017, 18:35 What a feel on the flights to Africa is that the crew is not smiling very much anymore..
And that's new because before the crew was the strong part of Brussels Airlines before they had the screen installed etc.... And it something I feel for a couple of time now!
Given your previous negative comments about Brussels Airport, the above is no surprise.
Not at all I travel a lot with Brussels Airlines it's a good airline...
But it's my ascertainment,I have no problem to criticise something I'm attached to.
I'm attached to Brussels Airport and Brussels Airlines I feel it's like my airport and my airline that's why I criticise it.

And again the Police in Brussels Airport is doing a bad job for our airport in general it's not convivial etc...
To tackle the terrorists you have to work in front and like everybody now's today they had information from the Police in Mechelen they did not use to stop the terrorist attacks....That's the truth....!!!!!

Brussels Airport is the only airport with ONE entrance in all the EU it became an unfriendly airport without nothing.
And that make me sad very sad ....

Don't tell me that Brussels Airport has good numbers etc.. with this geographical situation this airport must be at least 2 times bigger.
Why can we enjoy this geographical situation for everything but not for our airport!!!!!!!!

By the way I did not critics the crew of Brussels Airlines I just mentioned what I felt in the last couple of flights.
Hasta la victoria siempre.

JOVAN

Post by JOVAN »

lumumba wrote: 11 Nov 2017, 21:12
Passenger wrote: 11 Nov 2017, 18:44
Not at all I travel a lot with Brussels Airlines it's a good airline...
But it's my ascertainment,I have no problem to criticise something I'm attached to.
I'm attached to Brussels Airport and Brussels Airlines I feel it's like my airport and my airline that's why I criticise it.

And again the Police in Brussels Airport is doing a bad job for our airport in general it's not convivial etc...
To tackle the terrorists you have to work in front and like everybody now's today they had information from the Police in Mechelen they did not use to stop the terrorist attacks....That's the truth....!!!!!

Brussels Airport is the only airport with ONE entrance in all the EU it became an unfriendly airport without nothing.
And that make me sad very sad ....

Don't tell me that Brussels Airport has good numbers etc.. with this geographical situation this airport must be at least 2 times bigger.
Why can we enjoy this geographical situation for everything but not for our airport!!!!!!!!

By the way I did not critics the crew of Brussels Airlines I just mentioned what I felt in the last couple of flights.
VERY CORRECT;
With a location like this, BRU should do lots and lots better in attracting new airlines.
And passengers.
If you cannot make it here, you cannot make it anywhere.

lenain258

Post by lenain258 »

OO-SSW is on way to East Midlands for a painting job I guess ;-)

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Brussels Airlines secures Ministry of Defence contract for Chania flights

Brussels Airlines has been contracted by the Belgian Ministry of Defence (MoD) to operate five return flights between Brussels National and Chania, a city on the northwest coast of the Greek island of Crete. The ministry also purchased capacity on a further eighteen flights for a total sum of EUR325,870.

According to tender documentation made public in the European Union registry, the Belgian MoD's contract with the Lufthansa Group-owned carrier is valued at EUR214,720 and is to operate five return Brussels-Chania flights.

On top of that, the authorities have also purchased capacity on in total of eighteen single flights between Brussels and Chania for EUR111,150. According to the ch-aviation schedules module, no scheduled airline serves this route during the winter season. Until October 2, it was operated both by TUI fly Belgium and by Thomas Cook Airlines Belgium (which has since closed down with all of its staff, slots and two out of five A320s being taken over by Brussels Airlines). Next summer, both Brussels Airlines and TUI fly (Belgium) will operate on the route 3x weekly.

Chania is home to a large NATO naval base and training facility.

Source: ch-aviation

Great Circle Mapper © 1996-2017 Karl L. Swartz
André
ex Sabena #26567

Bralo20

Post by Bralo20 »

A bit strange news since BAF operates their own A321 which could be used for these flights. But not to bad for SN...

theeuropean

Post by theeuropean »

Chania is also going to go through a major overhaul and expansion. But my question is and it may be stupid, is the flight going to be year - round and can normal passengers book flights? Thank you for any answer :)

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

theeuropean wrote: 20 Nov 2017, 01:12 Chania is also going to go through a major overhaul and expansion. But my question is and it may be stupid, is the flight going to be year - round and can normal passengers book flights? Thank you for any answer :)
From the article, it is clear that 5 flights will be exclusively for the Army, and the Army is buying space in 18 other fights normally bookable by the general public.

I hope I have answered your question ;)
André
ex Sabena #26567

sukhoi

Post by sukhoi »

Brussels Airlines fly Also to Cancun Mexico for Eurowings from Düsseldorf in summer withe a340

brabel

Post by brabel »

SN is really expanding its route network (which I really like).
I keep on wondering if they are going to add other destinations, instead of the typical holiday destinations they are adding nowadays.It's like they want to be connected with every airport of Greece and Croatia (ok, I'm exaggerating)

Is Bremen coming back?
Can they add more destinations in France (Brest? Montpellier again?), Germany (Leipzig, Dresden?), more destinations in UK, Norway (Bergen?), Balkan countries (Belgrade? Sofia?), Finland (Helsinki?) ...?

I read an article that KLM is going to start a service to Vaxjo (in Sweden, (never heard of it? me neither)), but I like their way of adding new destinations for their hub.
Doesn't SN need to focus on other destinations beside the Belgian holiday market?

PttU

Post by PttU »

Opening routes to places people have never heard of is a big risk of being viable, but opening routes to destinations with a guaranteed amount of passengers to nearby hotels has a higher chance of success and being profitable...
Taking Bremen as an example: as there are already (week-)daily flights to Hannover and Hamburg, and from there on it's a reasonable travel-time to Bremen by car or train from those two cities, I understand there is a too small market specific for Bremen. In the other direction, Bremen as a feeder-point: there are already connections from Bremen to AMS, MUC, FRA and London (albeit not LHR), so there's not that much left to feed to Brussels. It might even be more interesting for SN to connect to cities (like Växjö) which aren't connected to a feeder-network yet ;)

cathay belgium

Post by cathay belgium »

Hi,

VAXJO ... was twice there...

Strange !

Why would SN fly to VAXJO itself as they fly into Bromma and from their they can connect with BRA many small swedish cities ?

In the past there was a tight connection between SN and BRA predecessor BRAATHENS AVIATION...

CXB
New types flown 2022.. A339

Stij

Post by Stij »

I was on the evening flight from Lyon to Brussels yesterday evening and was amazed by the number of connecting passengers on board and even more about there destinations: even Milan...

Cheers,

Stij

brabel

Post by brabel »

Just to put things straight: I did not mean that SN should fly to Vaxjo!
I mean, they should look at other destinations too instead of just holiday destinations

Konus

Post by Konus »

sn26567 wrote: 19 Nov 2017, 23:15 Brussels Airlines secures Ministry of Defence contract for Chania flights

Brussels Airlines has been contracted by the Belgian Ministry of Defence (MoD) to operate five return flights between Brussels National and Chania, a city on the northwest coast of the Greek island of Crete. The ministry also purchased capacity on a further eighteen flights for a total sum of EUR325,870.

According to tender documentation made public in the European Union registry, the Belgian MoD's contract with the Lufthansa Group-owned carrier is valued at EUR214,720 and is to operate five return Brussels-Chania flights.

On top of that, the authorities have also purchased capacity on in total of eighteen single flights between Brussels and Chania for EUR111,150. According to the ch-aviation schedules module, no scheduled airline serves this route during the winter season. Until October 2, it was operated both by TUI fly Belgium and by Thomas Cook Airlines Belgium (which has since closed down with all of its staff, slots and two out of five A320s being taken over by Brussels Airlines). Next summer, both Brussels Airlines and TUI fly (Belgium) will operate on the route 3x weekly.

Chania is home to a large NATO naval base and training facility.

Source: ch-aviation

Great Circle Mapper © 1996-2017 Karl L. Swartz
Anyone has a scheduke of these flights by Sn for yje Belgian Army ?

brabel

Post by brabel »

94.862 more passengers in november 2017
=> +15.6%

https://www.aviation24.be/airlines/lufth ... ffic-15-6/

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Eurowings moves scheduled A340 intra-Europe service (operated by Brussels Airlines) to 1Q18

Eurowings in recent schedule update is moving forward planned Airbus A340-300 aircraft service, operated by Brussels Airlines. The A340 will initially operate intra-European service for the month of February and March 2018.

Dusseldorf – Palma Mallorca 01MAR18 – 24MAR18 6 weekly (Day x2. Additional A340 service scheduled on 20MAR18/23MAR18/24MAR18)

Dusseldorf – Vienna 15FEB18 – 22MAR18 6 weekly (Day x2. Additional A340 service scheduled on 28FEB18 and 20MAR18)

Source: Airline Route

This should be interesting for avgeeks ;)
André
ex Sabena #26567