Brussels Airlines' fleet renewal

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

Post Reply
DeltaWiskey
Posts: 525
Joined: 13 Oct 2010, 18:33

Re: Brussels Airlines' fleet renewal

Post by DeltaWiskey » 08 Feb 2018, 19:54

A330 MSN 915 has officially been transferred to Brussels Airlines earlier this week. Ferry flight in about a month.

RTM
Posts: 349
Joined: 07 Apr 2013, 00:27

Re: Brussels Airlines' fleet renewal

Post by RTM » 09 Feb 2018, 07:31

SNJ is on its way to Tenerife for its first SN operational flight.

User avatar
sn26567
Posts: 32874
Joined: 13 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Rosières/Rozieren, Belgium
Contact:

Re: Brussels Airlines' fleet renewal

Post by sn26567 » 09 Feb 2018, 21:12

In an interview to La Libre Belgique today, Brussels Airport CEO Arnaud Feist said that the Eurowings people told him they looked at the possibility to acquire A321LR aircraft for Brussels Airlines to operate some US flights (like Aer Lingus) and possibly also flights to some African destinations.
André
ex Sabena #26567

convair
Posts: 1452
Joined: 18 Nov 2011, 00:02

Re: Brussels Airlines' fleet renewal

Post by convair » 09 Feb 2018, 21:33

sn26567 wrote:
09 Feb 2018, 21:12
In an interview to La Libre Belgique today, Brussels Airport CEO Arnaud Feist said that the Eurowings people told him they looked at the possibility to acquire A321LR aircraft for Brussels Airlines to operate some US flights (like Aer Lingus) and possibly also flights to some African destinations.
That wouldn't be a bad idea, if they equip them with a real Business class!

Btw, SN is using its "normal" A320s for non-stop flights to Boa Vista (same distance as Dakar) and were occasionnally using their A319s non-stop to Dakar when they were short of available A330s.

crew1990
Posts: 1050
Joined: 29 Dec 2010, 21:46

Re: Brussels Airlines' fleet renewal

Post by crew1990 » 09 Feb 2018, 21:39

convair wrote:
09 Feb 2018, 21:33
sn26567 wrote:
09 Feb 2018, 21:12
In an interview to La Libre Belgique today, Brussels Airport CEO Arnaud Feist said that the Eurowings people told him they looked at the possibility to acquire A321LR aircraft for Brussels Airlines to operate some US flights (like Aer Lingus) and possibly also flights to some African destinations.
That wouldn't be a bad idea, if they equip them with a real Business class!

Btw, SN is using its "normal" A320s for non-stop flights to Boa Vista (same distance as Dakar) and were occasionnally using their A319s non-stop to Dakar when they were short of available A330s.
SN fly with a normal A320 as there is no C-class needed, this is a pure holiday destination.
They only operated A319 to Dakar for a short period when Senegal removed the fifth flight freedom. They never fly A319 to DKR otherwise, they cancel the flight or if there is availability, they wet lease an aircraft from Hi Fly or Wamos.

User avatar
CTBke
Posts: 876
Joined: 13 May 2003, 00:00

Re: Brussels Airlines' fleet renewal

Post by CTBke » 12 Feb 2018, 23:21

first pics of 'Brussels Airlines' 1st A340-300 (in EW colours) but with Belgian flag and reg

https://www.airteamimages.com/airbus-a3 ... 98407.html

Image
Citybird
The flying dream

User avatar
sn26567
Posts: 32874
Joined: 13 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Rosières/Rozieren, Belgium
Contact:

Re: Brussels Airlines' fleet renewal

Post by sn26567 » 13 Feb 2018, 00:06

Brussels Airlines took delivery of one A330-300, serial 915, ex-Cathay Pacific B-LAH.
André
ex Sabena #26567

User avatar
CTBke
Posts: 876
Joined: 13 May 2003, 00:00

Re: Brussels Airlines' fleet renewal

Post by CTBke » 13 Feb 2018, 13:51

sn26567 wrote:
13 Feb 2018, 00:06
Brussels Airlines took delivery of one A330-300, serial 915, ex-Cathay Pacific B-LAH.
due to arrive in BRU and get it's Belgian reg
Citybird
The flying dream

TLspotting
Posts: 245
Joined: 19 Mar 2017, 10:22
Location: Uccle/Ukkel,BE
Contact:

Re: Brussels Airlines' fleet renewal

Post by TLspotting » 13 Feb 2018, 14:57

CTBke wrote:
13 Feb 2018, 13:51
sn26567 wrote:
13 Feb 2018, 00:06
Brussels Airlines took delivery of one A330-300, serial 915, ex-Cathay Pacific B-LAH.
due to arrive in BRU and get it's Belgian reg
When ?
I'm Thibault >
> Student
> Spotter at home (or outdoor,that's better) since 2016
> Instagram,Facebook and Twitter > @TLspotting

User avatar
CTBke
Posts: 876
Joined: 13 May 2003, 00:00

Re: Brussels Airlines' fleet renewal

Post by CTBke » 13 Feb 2018, 17:17

no idea
Citybird
The flying dream

Desert Rat
Posts: 1058
Joined: 08 May 2007, 09:38

Re: Brussels Airlines' fleet renewal

Post by Desert Rat » 13 Feb 2018, 17:58

SA for US and Africa???...it reminds a very heated discussion a while ago...can't remember the title of the post though...

DeltaWiskey
Posts: 525
Joined: 13 Oct 2010, 18:33

Re: Brussels Airlines' fleet renewal

Post by DeltaWiskey » 13 Feb 2018, 18:04

The aircraft is already going to be on the belgian register before the ferry flight. Expected first half of March.

convair
Posts: 1452
Joined: 18 Nov 2011, 00:02

Re: Brussels Airlines' fleet renewal

Post by convair » 13 Feb 2018, 18:25

I read some time ago that it will keep the current interior for a while. Is that confrmed?

User avatar
sn26567
Posts: 32874
Joined: 13 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Rosières/Rozieren, Belgium
Contact:

Re: Brussels Airlines' fleet renewal

Post by sn26567 » 13 Feb 2018, 18:27

convair wrote:
13 Feb 2018, 18:25
I read some time ago that it will keep the current interior for a while. Is that confrmed?
Yes.
André
ex Sabena #26567

DeltaWiskey
Posts: 525
Joined: 13 Oct 2010, 18:33

Re: Brussels Airlines' fleet renewal

Post by DeltaWiskey » 13 Feb 2018, 19:56

It will indeed fly until the end of the year with the CX interior, but with a modified lay out to bring it more in line with the current SN standard.

User avatar
CTBke
Posts: 876
Joined: 13 May 2003, 00:00

Re: Brussels Airlines' fleet renewal

Post by CTBke » 14 Feb 2018, 09:39

DeltaWiskey wrote:
13 Feb 2018, 19:56
It will indeed fly until the end of the year with the CX interior, but with a modified lay out to bring it more in line with the current SN standard.
reminds me of SFX when it flew around with the SQ interior ;-)
Citybird
The flying dream

User avatar
Bralo20
Posts: 1405
Joined: 12 Aug 2008, 13:48

Re: Brussels Airlines' fleet renewal

Post by Bralo20 » 14 Feb 2018, 10:40

DeltaWiskey wrote:
13 Feb 2018, 18:04
The aircraft is already going to be on the belgian register before the ferry flight. Expected first half of March.
She's been registered since February 8 with the registration OO-SFB ;)

DannyVDB
Posts: 806
Joined: 12 Aug 2003, 00:00

Re: Brussels Airlines' fleet renewal

Post by DannyVDB » 14 Feb 2018, 20:49

The overview of Airbus shows the SN fleet ("in operation") nicely at this source

http://www.airbus.com/aircraft/market/o ... eries.html

22 A319
13 A320
4 A332
7 A333
1 A343

Status end of January ...

Cheers,
D

viennafly
Posts: 5
Joined: 14 Feb 2018, 21:24

Re: Brussels Airlines' fleet renewal

Post by viennafly » 14 Feb 2018, 21:34

The SN-Fleet can also very nicely be seen on this site!

It offers nice information not only about the Brussels Fleet but also about some other LH-group Airlines like Lufthansa....
All the new-to-come A330s are already put in...

https://sites.google.com/site/lhgroupfleet/home

Cheers :-)

User avatar
sn26567
Posts: 32874
Joined: 13 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Rosières/Rozieren, Belgium
Contact:

Re: Brussels Airlines' fleet renewal

Post by sn26567 » 14 Feb 2018, 23:23

viennafly wrote:
14 Feb 2018, 21:34
The SN-Fleet can also very nicely be seen on this site!

It offers nice information not only about the Brussels Fleet but also about some other LH-group Airlines like Lufthansa....
All the new-to-come A330s are already put in...

https://sites.google.com/site/lhgroupfleet/home

Cheers :-)
Nice information. Thanks, viennafly, and welcome to Aviation24.be.
André
ex Sabena #26567

Post Reply